FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

More auto-follow questions.

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Sildenafil

Post Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:21 pm

More auto-follow questions.

So, I set up a keymap (mousebutton 4) that toggles (shift + alt + F *i think) jamba follow strobing, and presses the <walk backward> button on my slaves to break follow. This works <okay>.. half the time strobe will get turned back on if I hold the button for any length of time (hold is set to on), and if I toggle toons the new active toon starts strobing and everyone comes running.

My question is, how do you guys do it? I'm just trying to set it up so my ele shams stop, while my pally runs up and aggros/tanks. Ideally I could then toggle follow again w/ a quick click when I'm ready to move. I don't need to worry about formations at this point in the game.

Tried searching but just kept coming across the same few posts. Looks like I need to turn off the "auto follow me" on character switch. But steps 2-10 aren't working out for me at the moment.

Thanks,

Edit: Ualaa, don't want to ignore your response on dual-boxing. Thanks for responding. I guess my issue is, toggling jamba follow doesn't seem to toggle it on all toons simultaneously. This is why I'm wondering if it's easier to just turn off all automatic /follow settings and control it myself.
<<

Ualaa

Grandmaster Guidesmith

Post Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:48 pm

Re: More auto-follow questions.

When I started, I had auto follow (not strobe) on a character switch.
And the option to strobe as a two-step mapped key, mapped to my MR button on the G15.

I still use, auto follow on a character switch for my caster teams.
IE, toons who attack from range.

But I don't use auto follow on a switch for melee toons.
Basically, I have just edited which mapped key occurs on a character switch.

If you are in IS Boxer Toolkit, and click on the character set (team) name.
Then on the left pane there are 1, 2, 3 etc, with the toon name under the slot number.
If you click on the number, you can see which mapped key is set to occur on a character switch.
I would recommend either JambaMaster (which is no follow) or Follow/JambaMaster (which is normal follow) but to not use the Strobe on a switch.

Then give yourself a manual normal follow key.
Strobe if you want, but I've taken that out of my set up.
Streaming in 720p HD: www.twitch.tv/ualaa

Return to World of Warcraft