FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

accepting/completing quests

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Sildenafil

Post Sun Feb 21, 2010 5:04 am

accepting/completing quests

Just started a pally + 4 shaman group tonight. My first attempt at multiboxing.

everybody follows like they're supposed to, and assists. The issue I'm having is with quests. I've got Jamba installed, have the auto-accept quest options on, including auto-accept shared from party/friend/guild, etc.

-however, when I click a quest and accept, or turn in, only the main window does it. mouse repeater is serving as a stop-gap measure atm but that's not ideal since the quest giver is usually in a slightly different position on the screens.

Any help would be much appreciated

Thanks
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sun Feb 21, 2010 12:02 pm

Re: accepting/completing quests

Yeah, no addon can open the NPC window for you -- it has to be up for those options to work.

Instead of opening the NPC with the mouse via repeater, assign an Interact With Target key in WoW's Key Bindings menu (it's under Targeting). I set mine to "J". Then you want to walk up to the npc with everyone close enough, target it, make everyone assist you, and make everyone Interact With Target. Since they added IWT this is *the* method to use when multiboxing. It's also safer this way if you're on a PVP server ;)

So for example, if you set it to J, you can make a key that when you hit Alt+J will both Assist and Interact with Target. It would go something like tihs:

New mapped key "Interact with Target" in "General" Key Map
- Hotkey: Alt+J
- No other changes needed on the Mapped Key's options page. Hold should be OFF (this is default on General key map). Use FTL Modifiers should be OFF (this is default on General key map).
- 1 Step. Actions in this 1 step, in this order:
-- Do Mapped Key Action: send "FTL Assist Me" in "General" Key Map, to Window:Current (this makes "Me" as in "FTL Assist Me" your current guy, so the other guys will assist you)
-- Keystroke Action: send "J" to Window:All w/ Current

Then you just run up, target the npc, and hit Alt+J. Win!
<<

Sildenafil

Post Sun Feb 21, 2010 3:06 pm

awesome, I'll give it a try. Thanks!
<<

Sildenafil

Post Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:14 pm

Working now. Ty for the help!
<<

Mr5a5uk

Post Sat Apr 17, 2010 6:58 pm

lax wrote:Yeah, no addon can open the NPC window for you -- it has to be up for those options to work.

Instead of opening the NPC with the mouse via repeater, assign an Interact With Target key in WoW's Key Bindings menu (it's under Targeting). I set mine to "J". Then you want to walk up to the npc with everyone close enough, target it, make everyone assist you, and make everyone Interact With Target. Since they added IWT this is *the* method to use when multiboxing. It's also safer this way if you're on a PVP server ;)

So for example, if you set it to J, you can make a key that when you hit Alt+J will both Assist and Interact with Target. It would go something like tihs:

New mapped key "Interact with Target" in "General" Key Map
- Hotkey: Alt+J
- No other changes needed on the Mapped Key's options page. Hold should be OFF (this is default on General key map). Use FTL Modifiers should be OFF (this is default on General key map).
- 1 Step. Actions in this 1 step, in this order:
-- Do Mapped Key Action: send "FTL Assist Me" in "General" Key Map, to Window:Current (this makes "Me" as in "FTL Assist Me" your current guy, so the other guys will assist you)
-- Keystroke Action: send "J" to Window:All w/ Current

Then you just run up, target the npc, and hit Alt+J. Win!

Nice tip :D Yay Made my questing easy lol
<<

Mezikiah

Post Sat Jul 16, 2011 12:27 pm

I'm having trouble with this, perhaps I'm not that great at it but when I create a new keystroke I don't see where to add the actions.

Here are the steps I did.

Under Mapped Keys I right clicked and selected "New Mapped Key"
I renamed it Interaction
Under that I did hotkey Alt+J, Hold was OFF and under advanced the FTL Modifiers are OFF
Under STEPS I right clicked on actions and did KEY MAP ACTIONS -> NEW DO MAPPED KEY ACTION

Now my setup looks like this
-Step
-Actions
-Do <NO MAPPED KEY> in <NO KEY MAP>-> all
I don't see where to add the assist FTL or anything.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sat Jul 16, 2011 4:39 pm

What you need is the WoW Quick Start Guide, specifically the Interaction with NPCs section. For adding new hotkeys that aren't this, follow the Quickly add many hotkeys, optionally with auto-assist section.
<<

El Finito

Post Sun Aug 30, 2020 5:26 am

heya Guys,

i know this Thread is a very Old one but it explains exactly my Problem, but not only this, the Possibilty to Interact with an NPC isnt in my Game Version 2.4.3 - Burning Crusade.

As i find out the Keybind to Interact with a NPC comes later to WoW after Burning Crusade. ISBoxer is running very well with that old Gameversion of WoW but Questing without that Keybind is terrible. Got any Ideas?
<<

Anglefire

Post Wed Nov 18, 2020 1:31 pm

Yea, I have the same issue. Now that ISBoxer is no longer an option, I'm using EMA and macros, but how to get my whole team to accept and turn in quests?

Return to World of Warcraft