Moderator: MiRai

<<

usaasu

Post Fri Mar 09, 2012 6:33 am

one of my toons follow problem

Hello,

I have 4 toons.
A, b, c, and d.

The problem is with "d" who doesn't follow "a" and "b" but follow "c" if "c" is the active window.

when i switch windows, "D" doesn't follow "a" or "b" but follow "c" if the active window is "c".
and "a","b" and "c" follow "d" with no problems.
when i attack with "a" or "b", all four will attack and then i use Ctrl+f (follow command), all but "d" will follow my active windows.
If i attack with "c", then all Four will follow "c" when i use ctrl+f.

http://www.privatepaste.com/download/ea0e05a30a

I hope the link is working.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Fri Mar 09, 2012 7:36 am

Re: one of my toons follow problem

There is a problem with your toon names that will cause problems with follow. It's easy to demonstrate and this will happen without ISBoxer as well.

Names from your profile:
Code:
Lisandreea
Lisandreeb
Lisandreec
Lisandreed
Lisandree
Lisand

And the problem..
In order to follow each of these toons, it requires the following commands:
Code:
/follow Lisandreea
/follow Lisandreeb
/follow Lisandreec
/follow Lisandreed
/follow Lisandree
/follow Lisand

That's all well and good, however World of Warcraft's /follow command does not use an exact name matching. It uses partial name matching, and there is no alternative that uses exact matching. This means that "/follow Lisand" may follow ANY of the other characters because it partially matches every other name. "/follow Lisandree", likewise, will partially match all of them except "Lisand". So while leading the abcd characters with Lisandree or Lisand, follow will be unreliable. This is strictly toon name related.

You can try it out by spreading your characters out a little bit so you can watch what happens (where your guy runs) and play as one of the abcd characters. Then "/follow Lisand" from different positions around your team and see who it follows.

If you still have time (haven't gotten them too far) I would recommend either adjusting your toon names so that the abcd names will not match a /follow <main> or avoid leading with that character. This would be the easiest possible fix.

You DO also have the option of modifying the "/follow {FTL}" WoW Macro that ISBoxer created for you, using /targetexact, /follow, and /targetlasttarget. I am not sure how much I recommend this option since it messes with your target, but it should work. If you would like to try this:
1. In the top left pane in ISBoxer under Game Helpers, select World of Warcraft
2. In the bottom left pane, under Macro Sets, Quick Setup 38, select "/follow {FTL}"
3. In the bottom right pane, in the big "Commands box", the commands by default will be as follows:
Code:
/jamba-follow snw
/follow {FTL}

You will need to replace that with:
Code:
/jamba-follow snw
/targetexact {FTL}
/follow
/targetlasttarget

4. Export to Inner Space
5. If you are in game when you do this, you will need to reload the ISBoxer Addon (e.g. via "/console reloadui") in each window for the change to activate
<<

usaasu

Post Fri Mar 09, 2012 9:12 am

Thx you for your quick answer Lax,

I have try what you said and it didn't work.

I have also try to recreate a new profile with :

Lisandreea
Lisandreeb
Lisandreec
Lisandreed
Lisand

And change my "/follow {FTL}" like you ask.
It didn't work either.

I play only 4 toons for leveling and bg.
Lisandreea, lisandreeb Lisandreec and Lisandreed. And lead with Lisandreea. (switch with an other if a die)
I m currently level 77 .. and everything was working like a charm..
It is just today that my follow command refuse to work properly for Lisandreed.

I ll wait your next answer.. and then save my profile , desinstall is boxer and innerspace
reinstall and import my profile and see if it does something
<<

usaasu

Post Fri Mar 09, 2012 9:54 am

I have uninstall and reinstall isboxer and innerspace.

I have create a new team of 4 priest:
Caniriak
Canrock
Canrark
Camriok

I have create a new team in Isboxer.. with no option whatsoever.. alt+f = follow.

the ftl follow has the same problem
the caractere on the same account than my dk lisandreed (Canrark) is doing the same thing.

I don't think it's coming from the names.. thoses names seems different enought to not make the problem you were talking about.

I m ready to create a new team and try again if needed.

I hope you ll have an idea.. because i really don't understand :D
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Fri Mar 09, 2012 10:11 am

Ok. After ruling out the toon name issue (and also after seeing that it is NOT your ISBoxer configuration; reinstalling would not be expected to change this since your follow was previously default from the wizard), this is the only other thing that comes to mind:

From the WoW Quicker Start Guide, Part 6: Follow
If certain toons will not follow certain other toons, and the ISBoxer Addon is enabled, it is usually due to a key binding in the game set to use Shift+F11, Ctrl+F11, Alt+F11, Ctrl+Shift+F11. You can go into the game's Key Bindings screen, and find a key binding that is not configured -- a blank box. Any of them will do. Set it to Shift+F11, then Ctrl+F11, then Alt+F11, then Ctrl+Shift+F11, and then unbind it. This will clear out any keys that would interfere with auto-following up to 5 toons.

So.. interpreting what you said before:
"I have 4 toons.
A, b, c, and d.

The problem is with "d" who doesn't follow "a" and "b" but follow "c" if "c" is the active window."

I take it A and B are Slots 1 and 2. Slots 1 and 2 both use Shift+F11 (Left Shift+F11 will follow A, and Right Shift+F11 will follow B). If D will not follow A or B, then chances are, D has a key binding -- in the game, it's not in ISBoxer -- configured to Shift+F11. Whatever that is, is going to happen instead of following Slots 1 or 2. Clearing out the Shift+F11 key binding in the game, on toon D, should allow him to follow A and B.
<<

usaasu

Post Fri Mar 09, 2012 10:38 am

Thx a lot Lax,

As usual, you have found the problem.. It was a key form Jamba.. that's why i didn 't find it.

Now everything works fine again.

Again a big thank for your kick support.

Return to World of Warcraft