FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Melee IWT issues

Moderator: MiRai

<<

jnorland

Post Fri Jan 06, 2012 10:17 am

Melee IWT issues

http://www.privatepaste.com/54a53ebef5

So I'm trying to take the next step and actually make my melee IWT. I've followed Ualaa's guide so far as to get the IWT setup with the DPS keys. I didn't proceed to the modifier for changing CTM on and off. My issue right now is that everyone else moves to the Target and the one Melee guy I have just stands there. Exactly the opposite of what I would like to happen. My configuration is above. I have the Melee IWT group setup to self so I'm not sure what the issue is. I even tried to put just the one melee guy in as the target. I'm guessing I don't quite get how this all works. Thanks in advance for any help!
<<

Ualaa

Grandmaster Guidesmith

Post Fri Jan 06, 2012 10:06 pm

Re: Melee IWT issues

Do you have Click to Move enabled for the melee toon, who is not moving?

The wizard generated mapped key for IWT turns on CTM, does IWT and disables CTM.
You'd want to remove the disable CTM, from the second step.
Or not use the wizard generated mapped key at all.
For IWT to work, as imbedded within your DPS spam key, you need CTM to already be on.
Streaming in 720p HD: www.twitch.tv/ualaa
<<

jnorland

Post Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:14 am

I haven't taken the time yet to relook at this, sorry about that, I'll try to see if that is an issue when I get home today. I do know that my regular IWT works just fine with that one melee so I believe the CTM is on. I had simply been running my boomkin as the main and using the normal IWT to send my two shammans and pally into the fight, my hunter naturally just stops to shoot so it was working but not really correctly. So I believe that CTM is on for my pally. I'll see about checking tonight. Thanks again for the help!
<<

Ualaa

Grandmaster Guidesmith

Post Tue Jan 10, 2012 12:52 am

If you're pushing the wizard generated IWT key.
It enables CTM, sends the keybind, and disables CTM.

If you're doing the keybind straight, without using a mapped key for it.
Or have created a mapped key, that just sends the keybind straight to the game...
Then I'm not sure.

In which case, your configuration (privatepaste.com) would be helpful.
<<

jnorland

Post Tue Jan 10, 2012 1:12 am

I'll try to enable CTM on the Melee IWT set to see if that helps. My configurations should be in the first post at the very top. I'll redo them agian tonight if they are not working properly.
<<

jnorland

Post Tue Jan 10, 2012 1:15 am

I wonder if the issue is that instead of turning on CTM on the Melee and off on all others I'm somehow hitting the CTM toggle twice turning it back off on the Melee and on with the others....
<<

Ualaa

Grandmaster Guidesmith

Post Tue Jan 10, 2012 8:29 pm

It shouldn't be a toggle.

We have:
/console AutoInteract 1
/console AutoInteract 0

But, I personally have it on for melee teams (enabled for all toons) on a character switch.
And nothing that turns this off.

Or for caster teams, its on (Do Mapped Key > CTM On > Window: Others) for the slaves, but off (Do Mapped Key > CTM Off > Window: Current) for the master/active toon.

Return to World of Warcraft