FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Normal: Forge of Souls - A multiboxers Guide

Moderator: MiRai

<<

zanthor

Post Mon Dec 28, 2009 10:29 am

Normal: Forge of Souls - A multiboxers Guide

So I've been hammering out Forge of Souls for gear and profit, there's a boatload of useful epics for my team in there and it drops Triump Badges so even when I don't get good drops, I get disenchant mats and work towards upgrades.

Trash is pretty straight forward, interact with target macro's are hell here, it's a dungeon without safety rails so be ready for a few wipes when your tank decides to explore the lower levels... once you get that straightened out, just watch for spell reflect on the big 2 packs and burn down the squishy caster DPS in the 5-6 packs.

The first boss is Bronjahm, he's in a round room with two exits.
Bronjahm has two phases, in the first phase he does a fair bit of party damage so spreading out seems to help, however I found I could just heal through this damage and focus fire on him. He also does an attack which causes your soul to part with your body and travel to him, switch to it, burn it down, and switch back to him. If this soul fragment reaches Bronjahm it heals him for a good amount, if your DPS is sufficient this isn't an issue (when he drains the soul of my tank or rogue I simply let him eat them.)

Phase two he moves to the middle of the room and casts a vortex, move everyone in on top of him, and stop your auto follow if you keep strobing on in combat. The reason to stop auto follow is that he fears, and if he fears your leader, with auto follow on, it's likely a wipe. As toons are feared either switch to them and bring them back, or spam your follow key and bring them back (this is my method). DPS him down to 0, and collect loot.

The Devourer of Souls is the second and last boss in Forge of Souls, and he's a stone cold bitch to multibox. This is a fight which requires tank positioning, melee positioning, lots of movements and intense healing. His abilities are listed below along with tactics to how I deal with them.

Mirrored Soul - This links the boss to one of your characters, damage done to him, hurts you. I immediately start moving and spamming follow key on this, it stops DPS and is useful since he nearly always follows this ability with...

Well of Souls - He jumps on one of your guys leaving a purple crap on the ground, this crap is glowy, and we all know glowy crap on the ground hurts... so by moving when he starts to mirror a soul, you are already moving OUT of the glowy crap.... once you clear the glowy crap, start your dps back up.

Unleashed Souls - he spawns a bajillion ghosts, they have no candy, can't be targeted, and eventually go away on their own, I personally blow bloodlust at this point since it gives you a decent period of burst when he's not making you run like a girl.

Wailing Souls - this is a standard Blast-N-Rotate attack, it rotates in a random direction. When you see the spell start to cast spam follow and GTFO from in front of the boss... I only move about 20 degrees off his face since it's a very slow moving blast. If the blast starts moving away I DPS it up, if it moves towards me I run like a girl.

This tactic took me some work to figure out all the aspects, the fights really about survival, something multibox teams aren't necessarily good at! (Focus fire being our speciality)

Anyhow, I'll be sure to update when I start tackling heroics, right now I'm about 1500dps shy of doing it on heroic. (500 each mage and rogue.)
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Mon Dec 28, 2009 11:11 am

Re: Normal: Forge of Souls - A multiboxers Guide

The 20+22 slot bag drops are pretty sweet (note: all of my 22 slot bag drops were on Normal, like 25%, and I always see the 20 slot on Heroic) too until you get one of each for all

100% the same on heroic, just more hit points. Takes more DPS to burn through Bronjahm's heals and that's it. Devourer of Souls isn't any different, really have to make sure you're not in the way of Wailing Souls, but can heal through Unleashed Souls (or move after there's a lot of them). Mirrored Soul can be a problem but I typically continue auto-attack at least, and if everyone's healthy I will whack my DPS key.

The Pit of Saron bosses are also survival fights (Forgemaster not as much, his cold attacks are kind of lame but I'm also dispelling and have frost resist aura up... depends on the group I guess)

Return to World of Warcraft