FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Can't load WOTLK and other things

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Silencious

Post Wed Oct 18, 2023 6:54 am

Can't load WOTLK and other things

I'm having some difficulty in getting WOTLK loaded as it loads retail...what setting in the set up do I choose. I have located my alts in the correct realm etc and the two accounts I have, but which wow do I choose, client, legacy, dirextx 11. I'm lost. Also, when retail does load, it wil not allow me to type my password
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Wed Oct 18, 2023 8:23 am

Re: Can't load WOTLK and other things

Because of Blizzard renaming and reusing various things, the naming of the default generated game profiles is odd.

• World of Warcraft Classic Client = WOTLK
  • World of Warcraft Classic SOM Client = Classic Hardcore

Unfortunately this is a little tricky for the autodetect engine to update after the profile has generated and not wipe out any customizations you might have since made to the profile, and as it would also then require you to update any existing characters you have created in the Toolkit, we don't attempt to rename them after the fact.

You can get around all this confusion by selecting World of Warcraft Launcher, which will just load battle.net, rather than direct to client.

As for your second issue of typing your password. There are a couple of possible reasons.
  1. You need to have Key Maps disabled when typing your password. If you have created some custom mapped keys, it is possible they are not being disabled as the key maps toggle only turns on and off specific Key Maps. The default ones included in the toggle have the word HOTKEYS in the name of the Key Map - so if you create custom mapped keys, it is suggested to use the ISB42 - Custom Hotkeys key map to house them in, as this is included in the toggle (or you can update the toggle itself, but make sure you don't turn off a Key Map which is required to then toggle things back ON).

2. You are running into an issue with the New Virtual Input system. You can disable this in the Inner Space configuration (consider a Red Dot as a tick).

Return to World of Warcraft