FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

World of Warcraft Cursor Position Off

Moderator: MiRai

<<

alarys

Post Wed Mar 08, 2023 5:01 pm

World of Warcraft Cursor Position Off

Hi,

I have an issue like was mentioned in this post.

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=10399

Unfortunately the fix of "Make game believe it is foreground windows" doesn't work for me.

Basically when I launch my team the cursor at the top of the screen will align/point accurately at an item. Like the Map.

But closer to the bottom of the screen the cursor is "off" in an upwards direction. I have to move the cursor up from an item to select it.

Here is a shot of how far above the icon bar I have my cursor to select slot 1
success-select-cursor-position.png
success-select-cursor-position.png (562.67 KiB) Viewed 3526 times

And here is the cursor sitting right on slot 1 with no selection
no-success-select-cursor-position.png
no-success-select-cursor-position.png (281.9 KiB) Viewed 3526 times

It's like some scaling issue is happening. I have tried it with a different version of WoW and it has the same effect.

Note that I tried JoeBoxer, and the cursor lines up perfectly.

I tried both isboxer 1.19 7047 and the Development version 1.19 7108.

I tried uninstalled isboxer completely and restarting my PC, and starting over. That had no effect either.

Am I missing something simple? Any help would be appreciated.

P.S. I also tried these fixes from Blizzard for DPI scaling and they didn't help either https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/124055
<<

alarys

Post Thu Mar 09, 2023 12:58 pm

Re: World of Warcraft Cursor Position Off

Wow! With Valerian's help on Discord, I finally understood what I needed to do. I had always been changing fullscreen/windowed by launching the non-isboxer client. Then launching isboxer.

I launched my team with isboxer, and THEN changed from windowed to windowed-fullscreen on each client screen, and it worked! The key piece I was missing was to make this change while my team was launched.

Great stuff :-) Problem solved! I even tested it by closing and re-launching, and the problem is still gone :-)

Return to World of Warcraft