FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

weird bug with hotkey and client password

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Rustyfingers

Post Wed Feb 01, 2023 4:31 pm

weird bug with hotkey and client password

hi guys, i just bought a sub for ISBoxer and I am starting to use the multiboxing software. i am not sure if that s a bug or if Im doing an error but this is what happens :
Yesterday , I created a basic mapped key to heal my tank from my healer and i assigned the letter B to my hotley . The mapped key worked fine by the way . after a while , I looged off and
this evening I log back the same character set by right clicking Inner Space and choosing the char set. The 2 Wow windows opens with my accont name and I only have to put my password in it.

When i put the password in it, i have this password error message and I found out that my password have the same "b" letter than the hotkey of the mapped key I created yesterday . I tried to type the letter B in the username and it happens that I can not type a letter used by isboxer as hotkey when i start a wow client.

If i start a wow client from by clicking on the exe file ( without Inner space and ISboxer ) everything is fine as the password is concerned . It is like isboxer was preventing me from typing a letter used as hotkey when trying to log in . how is it possible ?

I just discover thant any letter used in my password client can not be used to create a mapped key in ISBoxer otherwise that letter can not be typed in the password client
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Wed Feb 01, 2023 5:16 pm

Re: weird bug with hotkey and client password

Disable Key Maps when entering your password.

If you happened to put your custom mapped key into a Key Map (a key map is a bucket for a collection of mapped keys) that does NOT have the word "Hotkeys" in the name of it, or you created a new Key Map, then that key map will not be disabled by the toggle for Key Maps.

For your custom mapped keys, to start with, I'd put then in the "ISB42 - Custom Hotkeys" key map. This one is disabled by the toggle (it has the word Hotkeys - note: the word is not the reason for the behaviour, it is just a means to conveying what is contained within).
<<

Rustyfingers

Post Wed Feb 01, 2023 5:40 pm

Thanks for your quick reply, I created my hotkey in > Key Maps > Custom hotkeys and Yes, disabling Key Maps when entering the password solved this weird problem, however after successfully logging in , i just discovered that I could not re enable Key Maps either by the standard shortcut Shift Alt M or by using the left toggle button in the overlay at the top left. :o
Strangely enough , the broadcast icon or shortcut Shift Alt R works fine
<<

bob

Post Wed Feb 01, 2023 5:42 pm

Show your profile viewtopic.php?f=4&t=13
<<

Rustyfingers

Post Wed Feb 01, 2023 5:57 pm

Here we go, ( I hope it works )

Thanks again for your help
Attachments
ISBoxerToolkitProfile.XML
(260.42 KiB) Downloaded 202 times
<<

Rustyfingers

Post Wed Feb 01, 2023 6:20 pm

No idea how i did, but it seems that restarting inner Space and Isboxer did work , Key Maps toggle works again , dont ask me why -) I can now logging again without any error and use again key map . Thanks again for trying to help
<<

bob

Post Thu Feb 02, 2023 9:40 am

If you rename your team then export changes wont apply to any running team (not saying this is what happened but it is a scenario that I'm aware of).

That said, I did look over your profile and couldn't see a B as a hotkey in your custom hotkeys, so that one was a bit of a mystery.

Good that a simple restart sorted your issue. It does do wonders sometimes.

Return to World of Warcraft