FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

2nd slot always closes

Moderator: MiRai

<<

dugb

Post Sat Sep 18, 2021 3:20 pm

2nd slot always closes

I signed up today, and paid, I really hope this isn't a waste of money, I'm trying to get this going with only two characters. The first character loads fine but the second character screen starts but closes, I can see the boxes to type in my username / password but it won't let me type in them and it closes a couple seconds later.
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Sun Sep 19, 2021 4:09 pm

Re: 2nd slot always closes

That does sound a bit strange.
The only issues we are aware similar to that are not normally at the login screen.

However, just in case, there are some options you may need to check are set in the WTF file for that character (in the games WTF folder).

A known issue occurs when using WIndowed mode. You need the games to be in Windowed Fullscreen mode. You also need the game to not specify a Windowed resolution. There are settings in the CONFIG-CHARNAME.WTF files that need to be checked.
SET gxMaximize "1"

The other is SET gxWindowResolution this one needs to be REMOVED from the files. If you have the Latest Update to the ISBoxer toolkit, it will ask you if it can FIX this one when you export your profile. The correct answer is YES. The gxMaximize you may need to check yourself if it is not already there, or not set to 1.

Update for TBC:
You might also need to update the line for SET gxAPI to D3D11_LEGACY. The update for TBC may force this to D3D12 which might be problematic.

i.e. using Notepad or some other text editor, edit the config-CHARNAME.wtf files in your World of Warcraft\_classic_\wtf folder, and verify the mentioned settings. As this folder may be protected, you will either need to run Notepad as admin, use another editor which self elevates (Notepad++) allows admin access, or copy these files to another folder, edit, change, save, and copy back.

Another Option: if you have some working characters and some non working characters, in the WTF folder, you could copy the working characters config-CHARNAME.wtf file and replace the non working characters file. i.e. copy/rename.

Return to World of Warcraft