FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

WOW Classic Inner Space Crashes

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Badbk

Post Fri May 28, 2021 3:29 pm

WOW Classic Inner Space Crashes

To start, I have gone through and adjusted all my characters to open the proper exe file for classic BCC. When the first instance of classic BCC opens it seems fine until it expands to the width of my screen. At that point it locks up and crashes. I have tried different video settings and resolution settings. If I do a test open of classic BCC from Inner Space the single instance opens fine and it playable. Is there something I am missing?
<<

Badbk

Post Wed Jun 02, 2021 4:59 pm

Re: WOW Classic Inner Space Crashes

Anything??? This is a paid for service. Thought I would get some sort of reply.
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Thu Jun 03, 2021 2:32 pm

Most of immediate support is provided on discord these days. Going to copy/paste from there about the new issues for the updated classic.

WoW - Classic, launch issue. A known issue occurs when using WIndowed mode. You need the games to be in Windowed Fullscreen mode. You also need the game to not specify a Windowed resolution. There are settings in the CONFIG-CHARNAME.WTF files that need to be checked.
SET gxMaximize "1"

The other is SET gxWindowResolution this one needs to be REMOVED from the files. If you have the Latest Update to the ISBoxer toolkit, it will ask you if it can FIX this one when you export your profile. The correct answer is YES. The gxMaximize you may need to check yourself if it is not already there, or not set to 1.

Update for TBC:
You might also need to update the line for SET gxAPI to D3D11_LEGACY. The update for TBC may force this to D3D12 which might be problematic.

i.e. using Notepad or some other text editor, edit the config-CHARNAME.wtf files in your World of Warcraft\_classic_\wtf folder, and verify the mentioned settings. As this folder may be protected, you will either need to run Notepad as admin, use another editor which self elevates (Notepad++) allows admin access, or copy these files to another folder, edit, change, save, and copy back.

Another Option: if you have some working characters and some non working characters, in the WTF folder, you could copy the working characters config-CHARNAME.wtf file and replace the non working characters file. i.e. copy/rename.
<<

Badbk

Post Thu Jun 03, 2021 6:18 pm

THANK YOU!

Return to World of Warcraft