FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

4 box setup one character will not auto follow

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Damace

Post Fri May 28, 2021 12:48 pm

4 box setup one character will not auto follow

Been using isboxer for WoW for a year with no problems running 4 accounts. Made a new team the other day with existing characters that worked in other teams and for some reason, the number 2 slot team member can not get the other slots to auto-follow him. Further detail: I jump on slot character 1 and press "NUM 3" (I manually bound that key inside ISBoxer base hotkeys, which you will see in my configs pasted at end of this post) and all characters on other slots follow no problem. I do the same for Slot 3, no problem. Do the same for slot 4, no problem. However when I jump on slot 2? No characters will follow him. Instead, they all look at slot 1 to follow him? Odd. Here is what I have done in an attempt to remedy the problem.

1. Performed file clear in ISBoxer utility. Wiped everything out and started over. *Note: I always update and sync any changes made in ISBoxer via export all to inner space.
2. Regarding the WoW client:
A. Reset all keybinds on the problematic account.
B. Renamed a spare key with the traditional CTR, Alt, and Shift F11 commands to make sure there were no keybind conflicts. There are none. Noticed one oddity here though, I can not bind the Number 3 key. Simply nothing happens.
C. I deleted the WoW WTF and Cache folders impacting all my accounts and restarted.
D. I removed all addons.

Simply at a loss at this point so I am posting config via link to pastbin.

Any ideas, besides what I have already done listed above would be appreciated.

https://pastebin.com/5mt1h8E4
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Sat May 29, 2021 1:20 am

Re: 4 box setup one character will not auto follow

<<

Damace

Post Sat May 29, 2021 7:43 am

I am re-posting my reply here as well. Apologies for any redundancy.

"Bob, that solution sounds promising. Can you explain to me where I would go and exactly how I would make this suggested change? I see so many FTL path options in Keybinds I have to admit it is a bit confusing to me. Appreciate your help."
<<

Nadisia

Post Sun May 30, 2021 1:23 am

Quoting myself from another topic for the exact same issue about FTL :
https://isboxer.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=10830#p50617

Nadisia wrote:There's an issue at this moment with WoW and the FTL modifiers : the Left and Right Keys (LShift, RShift, LAlt, RAlt etc) are not differentiated, so WoW doesn't recognize them as different keys.
It's a WoW bug, nothing wrong with ISBoxer.

In short, the number of combinations is very limited , with only 7 different settings : Shift, Alt, Ctrl, Shift + Alt, Shift + Ctrl, Alt+Ctrl, and finally, Shift+Alt+Ctrl.

So if you're still using an «old» setup, with one character using LShift, and another one using RShift for instance, there's a collision, and the 2nd one will not respond.

So, edit your FTL settings for each slot, and don't use Left and Right mirrors. ;)

FTL setting, here :

<<

Damace

Post Mon May 31, 2021 9:03 am

Thank you for your response. Can you recommend/show me what to replace them with and how? I went to each slot and unchecked the box that you had highlighted in yellow and now none will follow each other. I am encouraged with your direction for now I was able to replicate the error to all slots. I just can't quite figure out what to do next exactly. Thank you for your patience in advance.
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Mon May 31, 2021 10:00 am

Nadisia wrote:In short, the number of combinations is very limited , with only 7 different settings : Shift, Alt, Ctrl, Shift + Alt, Shift + Ctrl, Alt+Ctrl, and finally, Shift+Alt+Ctrl.

These are the combinations you can use. Essentially only use the "Left" options with the combinations as above. This means your team size is limited to 7 (seven) max if you want to use this follow Assist method.

You would normally ONLY need to update the Slot 2 to a value which is not used by default. IIRC the options are Shift+Alt, Alt+Ctrl or Shift+Alt+Ctrl (ed: I see I wrote that in the topic I linked!).
<<

Damace

Post Mon May 31, 2021 10:31 am

Right now I am using only 4 toons in a team. I guess where I am getting lost is the only change I know how to do is check or uncheck a box. If there is someplace else I need to go I do not know how or where let alone what free text if any to type in a particular field if applicable. At this juncture, it seems I can only get 3 toons to work using my limited knowledge of checking and unchecking a box. Note the below configurations that work. The slot that is not following has changed to slot 3; as I have been playing around with checking and unchecking boxes. For slot 3 I have changed it (by only clicking another box) to these others and they do not work either... L CTRL, R CTRL, and finally R SHIFT.

Here are the following boxes with a checkmark in them and what it is:

Slot 1: Left Shift (All toons follow this slot perfectly) image link for clarity of where I am at https://imgur.com/a/oHchKIk
Slot 2: Right Alt (All toons follow this slot perfectly)
Slot 3: Left Control (No toons will follow this toon and in fact, they turn and look at slot 1 as if to follow him)
Slot 4: Left Alt (All toons follow this slot perfectly)

Please advise and I note you keep mentioning what the solution is but "not" where in the gui to apply said solution if it is not merely checking and unchecking a box like I have done many times in various combo's. At this point using the "Slot ID (FTL) Modifier box windows I don't see how 4 toons can work let alone 7 so obviously there is another place in this application to implement what you are telling me to do?

Thank you again for your efforts to help rectify this problem and I do apologize for my limited knowledge of this software interface. It always just worked for over a year and now in the last 2 weeks this issue. Probabely due to TBC pre-patch.
<<

Damace

Post Mon May 31, 2021 4:39 pm

Thank you both for your help here and on the discord channel. The problem resolved itself after I made all changes you guys recommended and "rebooted" my machine. I think logging off of lava and your software might have been a brute force way to force the changes I had saved to ISBoxer to be uploaded to Lava, proving your final recommendation to me Bob as being correct. Regardless, thanks again problem solved.

Return to World of Warcraft