FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

End of WOW Multiboxing = End of WOW

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Superromeo

Post Tue Nov 24, 2020 7:22 am

End of WOW Multiboxing = End of WOW

I think Blizzard's asinine move to ban multiboxing tools in order to combat gold farmers and botting calls for a boycott by the this community of Blizzard games.
I am open for any suggestions of alternative games as I am cancelling and deleting all my Blizzard games.
Lets face it, the only reason most of us were multiboxing was to make the game more interesting. Now that I am not allowed to multibox WOW is utterly boring.
I have invested so much time gearing up 5 accounts and repping them with factions and transmogs, mounts and gear etc. all for nothing! I am now anti Blizzard! F*&K Blizzard!
<<

fixitman

Post Tue Nov 24, 2020 1:27 pm

Re: End of WOW Multiboxing = End of WOW

Once again, they didn't ban multiboxing. They banned the use of keystroke broadcasting software. BIG difference.
<<

jilazee

Post Tue Nov 24, 2020 4:07 pm

Different Yes, but I'm pretty sure that everyone here multiboxing = keyboard casting.
<<

Superromeo

Post Wed Nov 25, 2020 4:10 am

Once again, they didn't ban multiboxing. They banned the use of keystroke broadcasting software. BIG difference.

I am not aware of any other methods to multibox. Yes there are options by having multiple PCs and macros etc. but for me it is not worth the money, effort and frustration. WOW is not that great a game.
I have already deleted the game and cancelled Shadowlands on all my accounts and I am working with my bank to see if I can get my money back on the subscriptions I purchased for my 5 accounts. I bought 5 x 6 months subscriptions and they were barely into the first month when Blizzard decided to change their policy. I also bought those subscriptions when the policy allowed for using broadcasting software of keystrokes so I think I have a good argument that if Blizzard is blatantly enforcing new policies while subscriptions were taken in good faith under the previous policy then we should be able to get our money back or at least part of it. Not getting the money back is not going to break the bank but for me it is about the principle. Blizzard can't change the rules on the spot and deny us access AND keep our money.
<<

nosfera242

Post Fri Nov 27, 2020 5:33 pm

This may be a dumb question, since the decision was Blizzard-level and not just Retail-specific, BUT...

...does anyone know if this applies to Classic, as it is a different client? Will Blizz be sending warnings to ISBoxer-enabled users in Classic also?
<<

Psy-Crow

Post Fri Nov 27, 2020 5:40 pm

The policy update for input broadcasting applies to Classic, yes: https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t ... are/707427

Return to World of Warcraft