viewtopic.php?t=10672&start=0

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=10578

still no luck 3d accelerator not supported
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Tue Nov 10, 2020 11:12 am

Re: wow 3d accerlerator card not supported

idk on the exact patch number. which is why I had that ?. It was that I was informed by some others that the Win7 3D accelerator issue had been fixed with the last WoW mini patch.

Also, you will probably want to make sure you are using the InnerSpace dev build, 6715.
<<

sdled

Post Tue Nov 10, 2020 11:39 am

yes done all that, as for the patch, i have found it to be 9.0.1

but what keeps me at odds is why does it work on win 8.1 and widows 10, but not win 7

is it an overlay problem, gxwindowresolution, gxmaximize, but why just win 7 ??????????

one new tech issue on this at blizz forum calls for reinstall to different HD, so said the op, not the blue he could not fix with all his knowledge of nothingness

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t ... /695600/12

can anyone walk me thru how isboxer reports graphic 3d accelerator to wow

again let me state that the game WILL launch from Battle-net app or wow.exe, but it WILL NOT launch from isboxer on windows 7

it drive me crazy, miss daizy
<<

sdled

Post Tue Nov 10, 2020 11:58 am

note:
i have 2 nvidia cards

gt710 on mon2

gtx1050 on mon1

i wonder if the 710, which i dont think is supported by wow according to support art, is causing this problem

i did disable it and turned of montor and still got 3d accelerator not supported

but maybe i need to remove it from system
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Wed Nov 11, 2020 11:28 am

The 3d accelerator error was occurring for people with Windows 7, 1 GPU, InnerSpace, and WoW. It is not GPU specific, it is WIndows 7 specific. It has not been tracked down, mainly because we no longer have a handy Win7 machine to try and debug it on.
Windows 7 is no longer in extended support from Microsoft, and mainstream support was dropped 5 years ago, so it is not something that gets high up the to do list. Especially considering the recent ruling from Blizzard, so current efforts are going into a "compliant with the new Blizzard rules" application.

That said, as I keep saying, some of the Russian users have said it started working again for them a week or so ago, so I'm not sure why it is not for you.
Previous

Return to World of Warcraft