FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Question: Possible work around from blizz's new policy?

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Trojan_Jo

Post Thu Nov 05, 2020 12:04 pm

Question: Possible work around from blizz's new policy?

I'm just a player - mulit boxer - not a programmer or anything similar.

My question is: The way blizz is going to tell you are using broadcast software is via the add-on's panel? Right?

So is there a way to create way that the keyboard will broadcast to only the programs you want without being used as an 'add-on'?

Example: Isboxer opens up the game as usual - but instead the games are loaded in some type of shell, where as once you are playing your games within the shell the keystrokes are automatically broadcasted to the to other programs that are playing within that shell with out the need to turn on the add-on within the game. This way the key broadcasting is happening outside the game, but for all intensive purposes it would appear in game that the key strokes are happing via one individual player.

I hope I wrote that in a way that was understandable. Thanks
<<

Grimning

Post Thu Nov 05, 2020 12:23 pm

Re: Question: Possible work around from blizz's new policy?

They will be scanning for external programs to detect botting software and key-mirroring software, so I don't think this will work. :)
<<

fixitman

Post Thu Nov 05, 2020 2:37 pm

Grimning wrote:They will be scanning for external programs to detect botting software and key-mirroring software, so I don't think this will work. :)

I've seen nothing stating they will be scanning for external programs. Please post your source when convenient.
<<

Grimning

Post Thu Nov 05, 2020 5:44 pm

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/news/23558957/policy-update-for-input-broadcasting-software
We will soon begin issuing warnings to all players who are detected using input broadcasting software to mirror commands to multiple accounts at the same time (often used for multi-boxing).

I assume they will merely broaden the existing Warden program they use to detect bot programs to include input broadcasting software.
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Thu Nov 05, 2020 7:16 pm

Warning notices are now being delivered.

<<

kraem

Post Thu Nov 05, 2020 10:52 pm

They aren't banning multi boxing outright. I came here wondering if any of the more technical players were coming up with workarounds.
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Thu Nov 05, 2020 11:31 pm

Our workaround is to work on some software that does not have input broadcasting capabilities.
<<

helbreht

Post Fri Nov 06, 2020 1:48 am

bob wrote:Our workaround is to work on some software that does not have input broadcasting capabilities.

can you tell us more? Very interesting. ;)
<<

Termi

Post Fri Nov 06, 2020 5:34 am

bob wrote:Our workaround is to work on some software that does not have input broadcasting capabilities.

Just for clarification as english is only 2nd language and i am kind of confused :) ... are round robin keystrokes counted as input broadcasting?
<<

elfasvonpa

Post Fri Nov 06, 2020 7:13 am

Termi wrote:

Just for clarification as english is only 2nd language and i am kind of confused :) ... are round robin keystrokes counted as input broadcasting?

We have to wait for Blizzard's response. They'r decition is not clear now. Literally wait.
Next

Return to World of Warcraft