FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Question: Possible work around from blizz's new policy?

Moderator: MiRai

<<

grundge

Post Fri Nov 06, 2020 10:59 am

Re: Question: Possible work around from blizz's new policy?

Well the solution as of right now can't be altering IsBoxer because Blizzard is specifically targeting this program. It's not a case of oh we noticed you broadcasting commands to another character. They are detecting the program itself and taking action against those people using it.

You guys at Lavish need to work something out with Blizzard because as it stands changing IsBoxer alone isn't going to cut it.
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Fri Nov 06, 2020 11:28 am

grundge wrote:You guys at Lavish need to work something out with Blizzard because as it stands changing IsBoxer alone isn't going to cut it.

Which is why I posted earlier.

bob wrote:Our workaround is to work on some software that does not have input broadcasting capabilities.
<<

Silverthorn

Post Fri Nov 06, 2020 12:22 pm

From articles I've read, it looks like Warden protects critical in-game memory addresses targeted by bot programs. Nice article here: https://jordanwhittle.com/posts/exploiting-warden/ . Maybe it is also guarding the keyboard and mouse input chain, but there are a lot of programs that legitimately modify them. There's also scanning of Windows processes for known bad actors. Presumably, InnerSpace is now on that list, so logging in with the software running would [presumably] trigger a suspension or ban. A temporary workaround would presumably be for InnerSpace to be called something else, say, "Bob". Eventually Blizzard would find out that "Bob" is also a "bad actor" and update the Warden to include it. Instead, what I'm hoping is that "Bob" will be a version of InnerSpace that doesn't have the keyboard broadcasting component *and* Blizzard is smart enough to realize and accept this as ok, rather than doing another knee-jerk ban. My point is, simply not using the key broadcasting in InnerSpace is unlikely to avoid a ban.

I've seen those flocks of druids sucking herbs dry in Nazjatar. I started multi-boxing my own herbingin defense simply to get a full stack of herbs from *an hour* of flying around Nazjatar. I've also organized a raid group to down a group of 8 multi-boxed druids in War Mode. Single players had no hope of surviving. Those things are what prompted the ban, I'd guess.

I'd like to still be able to see more than one WoW client on screen and a time and click between them. I'm hoping that "Bob" can do this and everything will go back closer to normal.
<<

fixitman

Post Fri Nov 06, 2020 2:16 pm

As expected this soon after the announcement, there are lots of assumptions, but no real facts. They could simply be doing server-side checks for all we know.

Instead of guessing, I'm testing. I played all 3 Classic accounts at the same time for several hours last night with InnerSpace running the entire time-no warning so far. I plan on doing this for a short while, then I'll enable the ISBoxer addon with minimal features. I'll continue "upping the ante" until I get my 3-box mixed teams back to full operation, or I get a warning. The warning trigger should become obvious this way.

Personally, I think this is the fastest way to get real answers. I lost faith in Activision's capacity for caring a long time ago. The only reason I returned for Classic was to see what I missed before I started playing in late '07.
<<

globalfugitive

Post Fri Nov 06, 2020 7:35 pm

Could ISBoxer be implemented as a cloud only application? ie. not run locally. Or would this cause too much lag/delay?

Unfortunately whatever you do to help the vast majority of players that don't impact the economy, you would be simultaneously supporting the pricks that will abuse it day and night, and THAT is why if I was Blizzzard, I'd be saying no.
<<

kruppy

Post Fri Nov 06, 2020 11:23 pm

Guys, unfortunately I got the notification on my eight accounts. The posture in which the blizzard took was unfortunate.
<<

patbluestar

Post Sat Nov 07, 2020 1:35 am

fixitman wrote:As expected this soon after the announcement, there are lots of assumptions, but no real facts. They could simply be doing server-side checks for all we know.

Instead of guessing, I'm testing. I played all 3 Classic accounts at the same time for several hours last night with InnerSpace running the entire time-no warning so far. I plan on doing this for a short while, then I'll enable the ISBoxer addon with minimal features. I'll continue "upping the ante" until I get my 3-box mixed teams back to full operation, or I get a warning. The warning trigger should become obvious this way.

Personally, I think this is the fastest way to get real answers. I lost faith in Activision's capacity for caring a long time ago. The only reason I returned for Classic was to see what I missed before I started playing in late '07.

Any news?
<<

patbluestar

Post Sat Nov 07, 2020 2:17 am

globalfugitive wrote:Could ISBoxer be implemented as a cloud only application? ie. not run locally. Or would this cause too much lag/delay?

Thats actually an interesting question.
Would that be a workaround perhaps?
<<

Trices

Post Sat Nov 07, 2020 9:51 am

It would take some work, but would setting up virtual machines with multiple monitors be a possible solution?
<<

fixitman

Post Sat Nov 07, 2020 1:40 pm

patbluestar wrote:
fixitman wrote:As expected this soon after the announcement, there are lots of assumptions, but no real facts. They could simply be doing server-side checks for all we know.

Any news?

I played another 5 hours last night, and 5 today so far, no warning yet.

Trices wrote:It would take some work, but would setting up virtual machines with multiple monitors be a possible solution?

The solution depends on what detection method they're using. We don't know what their method is at this time.
PreviousNext

Return to World of Warcraft