FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Question: Possible work around from blizz's new policy?

Moderator: MiRai

<<

globalfugitive

Post Wed Nov 11, 2020 10:14 pm

Re: Question: Possible work around from blizz's new policy?

Prepared wrote:
fixitman wrote:Instead of guessing, I'm testing.

You can test if you want to. But I already know what Blizzard is doing based on what happened to me. As the number 1 player reported by more than anyone in World of Warcraft, yes I'm proud to say that, I can tell you with 100% confidence how Blizzard is tackling this.

What they're doing is relying on player reports. If you use InnerSpace but get no player reports then you wouldn't receive a warning. If you launch the game with InnerSpace it doesn't matter if using keyboard broadcasting or not if someone reports you, you will get a warning. If you read the message sent to your email address it clearly tells you that you can't use Input Broadcasting Software that means you can't launch the game with it. Whether you broadcast the keys or not is irrelevant to them. That's the way it is right now. If you receive a warning I don't know what Blizzard will do after catching you again through player reports. Has anyone received a second warning or kept going to find out?

So are you saying i have to be reported AND running inner space? What if i log in 5 toons and just have them on follow and someone reports me? Would I get another warning/action?
<<

patbluestar

Post Thu Nov 12, 2020 12:05 am

globalfugitive wrote:
Prepared wrote:
fixitman wrote:Instead of guessing, I'm testing.

You can test if you want to. But I already know what Blizzard is doing based on what happened to me. As the number 1 player reported by more than anyone in World of Warcraft, yes I'm proud to say that, I can tell you with 100% confidence how Blizzard is tackling this.

What they're doing is relying on player reports. If you use InnerSpace but get no player reports then you wouldn't receive a warning. If you launch the game with InnerSpace it doesn't matter if using keyboard broadcasting or not if someone reports you, you will get a warning. If you read the message sent to your email address it clearly tells you that you can't use Input Broadcasting Software that means you can't launch the game with it. Whether you broadcast the keys or not is irrelevant to them. That's the way it is right now. If you receive a warning I don't know what Blizzard will do after catching you again through player reports. Has anyone received a second warning or kept going to find out?

So are you saying i have to be reported AND running inner space? What if i log in 5 toons and just have them on follow and someone reports me? Would I get another warning/action?

I would say no.
Because you are not doing anything that is against the TOS.
<<

Trojan_Jo

Post Thu Nov 12, 2020 12:30 pm

Thank you all for all the information. I hope you guys can keep brain storming to get us working within the game again. I'm not a coder or programmer so I don't understand any of this stuff. But I really do want to go back to my multi boxing game, hopefully with some form of isboxer running. It makes it easy for me to do what I want to do.
<<

Silverthorn

Post Fri Nov 13, 2020 1:19 am

Using the windowed views as in the video link works, but there does not appear to be any way to make the windows extend to tile 2 wow clients across my entire screen. I wind up with one medium-sized window and one small window. Still, it works reasonably well.

I may end up having to buy a larger monitor for Christmas... I'd rather use ISBoxer's video layouts to fully span my screen though.
<<

Kalzar

Post Fri Nov 13, 2020 6:50 am

I use an LG 44" 4K HDTV for a monitor. I have also been experimenting with using a batch file to open 5 Wow clients at once. They open on top of each other and you will need to position them as you like. I use mouse hover to activate each window.

Sample Batch File:
start /d "F:\World of Warcraft\_retail_" wow.exe -config YourCharacter-YourRealm.wtf
start /d "F:\World of Warcraft\_retail_" wow.exe -config YourCharacter-YourRealm.wtf

Sample Settings in Wtf file that I changed:
***Edit or add the following settings. One wtf file for each character******

***Sample Follower Settings***
SET gxMaximize "0"
SET gxWindowedResolution "1225x689"

***Sample Leader Settings***
SET gxMaximize "0"
SET gxWindowedResolution "2492x1402"

***Put an Exclamation Point in front of the account for each character***
***Note: Only one SET accountList per wtf file and if you have***
***Named accounts replace the WoW with that name***
SET accountList "!WoW1|WoW2|WoW3|WoW4|WoW5|Wow6|Wow7|Wow8|"
SET accountList "WoW1|!WoW2|WoW3|WoW4|WoW5|Wow6|Wow7|Wow8|"
SET accountList "WoW1|WoW2|!WoW3|WoW4|WoW5|Wow6|Wow7|Wow8|"
SET accountList "WoW1|WoW2|WoW3|!WoW4|WoW5|Wow6|Wow7|Wow8|"
SET accountList "WoW1|WoW2|WoW3|WoW4|!WoW5|Wow6|Wow7|Wow8|"
SET accountName "YourAccountEmail@Address"
<<

Loryth

Post Fri Nov 13, 2020 11:47 am

Raysix wrote:For two days I have been running a setup similar to what is shown in this video https://youtu.be/B45FL6aOT7k and I like it a lot. If Blizz would reverse the policy I would keep some features, as I feel like I have more control over each individual toon.

The FME (follow me) addon is great and uses ingame chat to make the team follow the pilot. Do you think this is considered broadcasting? Does a simple addon count as third party software? If not, this could easily be used to send other commands too, or not?

Same question concerning EMA when you used the auto mount option for toons it is consider as broadcasting or not ? If not why not use isbxer has an addon for casting spell etc etc ?
<<

fixitman

Post Fri Nov 13, 2020 6:54 pm

EMA uses a custom chat channel provided as part of the game to send commands for auto-mount. Addons can't broadcast keystrokes without external software.
Previous

Return to World of Warcraft