FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Question: Possible work around from blizz's new policy?

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Raysix

Post Sun Nov 08, 2020 7:34 am

Re: Question: Possible work around from blizz's new policy?

At the moment I am thinking about a setup with viewports and become a mouseclicker. I hope "Bob" would be able to do this.
<<

patbluestar

Post Sun Nov 08, 2020 12:09 pm

Im still wondering if starting ISboxer in a cloud would be a possible workaround ...
<<

rippx

Post Sun Nov 08, 2020 1:41 pm

bob wrote:Our workaround is to work on some software that does not have input broadcasting capabilities.

You guys are like engineers. Thanks, I hope you guys keep up the great work....I know a lot of us would love to continue to multibox.

I just hope Blizzard doesn't begin detecting isboxer/lavish software. Perhaps the best pathway to take is open disclosure with the Blizzard dev team and tell them that isboxer is no longer an input broadcasting software so there is no need for warden detection. Also, I hope there is some way you can keep this a secret from the botters, I don't want them to steal the idea you would be working on and the multiboxers end up getting punished again.
<<

Surveyor

Post Sun Nov 08, 2020 6:00 pm

Raysix wrote:At the moment I am thinking about a setup with viewports and become a mouseclicker. I hope "Bob" would be able to do this.

Im using Video FX windows with the "Follow Me!" addon ... and EMA of course. Its a PITA to loot but it gets the job done.

Would be cool if the VFX windows were click thru so they can be stacked lol. That would be broadcasting tho i guess...
<<

Silverthorn

Post Sun Nov 08, 2020 6:46 pm

rippx wrote:I just hope Blizzard doesn't begin detecting isboxer/lavish software.
Reports sound like ISBoxer is already being detected/flagged, although how they do so is the real question.
rippx wrote:Perhaps the best pathway to take is open disclosure with the Blizzard dev team and tell them that isboxer is no longer an input broadcasting software so there is no need for warden detection.
If we're lucky, then the users being flagged were only noticed because they were indeed broadcasting their input and that act was detected. If so, the people testing ISBoxer and seeing if they get banned just for running it without broadcasting should be fine and it would be straight forward to disable the broadcasting capabilities when multiboxing WoW. This would require the least amount of input from Blizzard and the least amount of rework for ISBoxer.

If even one of these assumptions is incorrect, it would take a new app based on the legal components of ISBoxer. It likely won't be practical for anyone past maybe 3 simultaneous instances to mouseover/click on each window and type for every single command, but it would be better than alt-tabbing between full screens. Alt-tabbing 3+ screens is a nightmare and loading Chrome to lookup things makes it even more unpleasant. But here's an idea to sweeten this bitter cup of tea--what if one configuration could allow any two characters (separate accounts, of course) without issue? I must have 20+ combinations of alts I juggle, each with their own config, but no multicasting likely also means no configuration specific in-game ISBoxer macros are needed either. This new app could be much easier to set up, but would be less "powerful". No auto group invite, no auto follow, no auto-target same target, no auto anything, especially combat. But it still would be better than full-screen, enough so that I'd continue to pay for it. It may not be enough for you, especially if you are using more than 3 accounts or are doing more complex things, but that is the intent of Blizzard's changes.

rippx wrote:Also, I hope there is some way you can keep this a secret from the botters, I don't want them to steal the idea you would be working on and the multiboxers end up getting punished again.
No need to keep it secret--it simply won't meet their automation needs. There is no way to "rework" the multicasting to keep the functionality and yet meet Blizzard's ToS. Professional botters will keep the functionality and simply try to obscure how and what is happening, perhaps by obfuscating code, renaming their app, or hacking the warden.
<<

fixitman

Post Mon Nov 09, 2020 9:03 am

I tried to get the old Classic mixed 3-box going last night. Forming the group worked normally via EMA, but follow via keystroke was broken for the mage. Key broadcasting was also broken in several ways. I played around with it for close to 2 hours, and decided I should just start over.

My teams don't use a ton of "1 key to multiple clients" broadcasting due to it being mixed (Warrior, Priest, Mage). I also play on 3 monitors in windowed full-screen mode. This setup may very well keep me under the radar. I've received no warnings so far.

I'll keep working on getting the team up and running again as time permits. My setup should help confirm if they're scanning for software/addons, or checking actual activity. I'm already quite certain they aren't sending warnings just because InnerSpace is running.

Edit:
The team wasn't working correctly because I somehow left ISBoxer disabled on one entire account.
oops.....
<<

Haemonaut

Post Tue Nov 10, 2020 6:49 pm

I have left innerspace running in the background with the addon enabled on my 3 summoner accounts in wow classic every day since the original post and have no received a warning. I know this is anecdotal but it seems pretty clear that they are not just detecting it running in the background
<<

Prepared

Post Tue Nov 10, 2020 11:59 pm

fixitman wrote:Instead of guessing, I'm testing.

You can test if you want to. But I already know what Blizzard is doing based on what happened to me. As the number 1 player reported by more than anyone in World of Warcraft, yes I'm proud to say that, I can tell you with 100% confidence how Blizzard is tackling this.

What they're doing is relying on player reports. If you use InnerSpace but get no player reports then you wouldn't receive a warning. If you launch the game with InnerSpace it doesn't matter if using keyboard broadcasting or not if someone reports you, you will get a warning. If you read the message sent to your email address it clearly tells you that you can't use Input Broadcasting Software that means you can't launch the game with it. Whether you broadcast the keys or not is irrelevant to them. That's the way it is right now. If you receive a warning I don't know what Blizzard will do after catching you again through player reports. Has anyone received a second warning or kept going to find out?
<<

patbluestar

Post Wed Nov 11, 2020 8:16 am

Prepared wrote:
fixitman wrote:Instead of guessing, I'm testing.

You can test if you want to. But I already know what Blizzard is doing based on what happened to me. As the number 1 player reported by more than anyone in World of Warcraft, yes I'm proud to say that, I can tell you with 100% confidence how Blizzard is tackling this.

What they're doing is relying on player reports. If you use InnerSpace but get no player reports then you wouldn't receive a warning. If you launch the game with InnerSpace it doesn't matter if using keyboard broadcasting or not if someone reports you, you will get a warning. If you read the message sent to your email address it clearly tells you that you can't use Input Broadcasting Software that means you can't launch the game with it. Whether you broadcast the keys or not is irrelevant to them. That's the way it is right now. If you receive a warning I don't know what Blizzard will do after catching you again through player reports. Has anyone received a second warning or kept going to find out?

based on the fact I also have not received warning so far and due to your statement I just started mutliboxxing again with my 4-man team in Classic.
Hell yeah \(^.^)/
<<

Raysix

Post Wed Nov 11, 2020 1:39 pm

For two days I have been running a setup similar to what is shown in this video https://youtu.be/B45FL6aOT7k and I like it a lot. If Blizz would reverse the policy I would keep some features, as I feel like I have more control over each individual toon.

The FME (follow me) addon is great and uses ingame chat to make the team follow the pilot. Do you think this is considered broadcasting? Does a simple addon count as third party software? If not, this could easily be used to send other commands too, or not?
PreviousNext

Return to World of Warcraft