FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

So Blizzard is killing Multiboxing in WoW

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Nuuli

Post Sun Nov 08, 2020 10:11 am

Re: So Blizzard is killing Multiboxing in WoW

Nezied wrote:For sure, I mean, ISBoxer can be used for plenty of other games, but non of them have the same popularity and I doubt ease of accessibility as WoW has, it's gonna be a kick in the nuts, I don't envy the man.. Especially since his latest youtube video hinted at lots of Shadowlands plans...

I just got back into Multiboxing less than a week ago, so I'm a bit gutted over it, but at least only my main account and 1 of my slave accounts had shadowlands on it from last I was actively boxing.

It's gonna suck.

I had two of my five accounts with Shadowland. After reading this thread, I requested a refund stating that I've been multi-boxing since launch of the original and since this is the way I play, I can no longer do so. I did receive a refund for those accounts. Going to have to shake the dust off of my Rift game. I was preparing so many toons for Shadowland, but now it's all for naught.
<<

Nuuli

Post Sun Nov 08, 2020 10:13 am

Superromeo wrote:What really pi** me off is that I bought 6 months subs on 5 characters of which I am not going to use now. That is over £250 of money I spent while the policy allowed Multiboxing. Now suddenly they intent to change the policy and because I used about a month of these subs they refuse to refund. I am sure that I have a legal standing in the small claims court. Yes that amount is not going to break my bank but it is the principle that I bought those subs in good faith. Blizzard can't just make up the rules when ever it fits them! We should all sue in a class act to get full refunds!

Start the ball rolling and see if you can get a refund first. I just did and received a refund.
<<

Nuuli

Post Sun Nov 08, 2020 10:28 am

Here's what I received for a response...

Frichader
Good tidings James :D

Never fear, Game Master Frichader is here.

Thanks for the ticket. We are sorry to hear you need a refund though... While all sales are final, I was happy to get you an exception and to help you out (especially due to the current situation)!

Multi-boxing is not being banned. Only the act of using Broadcasting Input Software... Multi-boxing itself still can be and is done by some without using that software (by using macros, game placements on screen, etc), but I can definitely understand the concern!

A refund has been requested for World of Warcraft Shadowlands for both accounts. Your refund will be completed within 5-7 business days typically, depending on the ability of your financial institution to process the transaction. The refund will take the form of a credit issued directly to the payment method billed.

As the purchase has been refunded, the World of Warcraft games & items associated with this order are no longer valid, (you'll want to make sure not to use it as that may invalidate the refund (& any boosted characters or Allied Race Death Knights with the order will be locked)).

Keep in mind refunds are an exception so we may not be able to assist in the future for some time, (atleast for now) but it's all good today!

If you have any questions please let us know.

I wish you and all around you well, and stay safe out there!
*waves*
<<

Haemonaut

Post Sun Nov 08, 2020 10:48 am

I've been running my 3-man classic wow summoning team all day every day since the initial post and have not received a warning. I realize this is anecdotal, but is it possible that at this point their 'detection system' is just user reports? I have a friend on Skeram who only multiboxes dungeons and rarely has them together in the outside world who was not received a warning either.
<<

globalfugitive

Post Sun Nov 08, 2020 4:02 pm

Haemonaut wrote:I've been running my 3-man classic wow summoning team all day every day since the initial post and have not received a warning. I realize this is anecdotal, but is it possible that at this point their 'detection system' is just user reports? I have a friend on Skeram who only multiboxes dungeons and rarely has them together in the outside world who was not received a warning either.

They are probably not even looking at this full time and will run another 'report' in a month's time. May not even be warden but something as simple as casting x amount of the same spell(s) within z time frame from the same IP address. Who knows? As some more courageous folk have already pointed out they have continued and have not recieved any further warnings/actions yet.

I myself have not played since i received the warning email, slowly weening myself off WoW :( who knows I may actually become more productive :) if I gain 15-20 hours back a week! If ISBoxer/Lavish manage to find a solution then I will chuck productivity out the window :D
<<

rippx

Post Sun Nov 08, 2020 4:38 pm

globalfugitive wrote:
Haemonaut wrote:I've been running my 3-man classic wow summoning team all day every day since the initial post and have not received a warning. I realize this is anecdotal, but is it possible that at this point their 'detection system' is just user reports? I have a friend on Skeram who only multiboxes dungeons and rarely has them together in the outside world who was not received a warning either.

They are probably not even looking at this full time and will run another 'report' in a month's time. May not even be warden but something as simple as casting x amount of the same spell(s) within z time frame from the same IP address. Who knows? As some more courageous folk have already pointed out they have continued and have not recieved any further warnings/actions yet.

I myself have not played since i received the warning email, slowly weening myself off WoW :( who knows I may actually become more productive :) if I gain 15-20 hours back a week! If ISBoxer/Lavish manage to find a solution then I will chuck productivity out the window :D

Man, this game is really boring once you go back to solo play. I think I might not even play shadowlands, probably just wait for an update from the isboxer/lavish team.
<<

costalfs

Post Sun Nov 08, 2020 5:10 pm

That's the dumbest move ever from Blizzard. If they have issues with farming from multiboxers, just cut it off. There are different ways to do that without killing the fun.
The same way you can't place an horde and alliance team on the same BG or Arena (to benefit from beating yourself), they could simply not allow farm on the same node or plant from the same "source". There ya go... problem solved.
It's sad to see something cool like that going away without a real effort to make it work.
<<

FetteredApe

Post Sun Nov 08, 2020 7:04 pm

So from reading their post, could I still run a repeater region if the target group of that region was just one character? Could I put a dps marcro on my 2 key and only populate that number on one character and have a 3 dps key for another character, so each keypress only went to one client? Maybe individual follow key macros? The way they worded it is strange and leaves me thinking that maybe there is a workaround? It seems like it is the one keypress to one action on one client is the new rule. Am I wrong?
<<

Thesairen

Post Sun Nov 08, 2020 7:11 pm

costalfs wrote:If they have issues with farming from multiboxers, just cut it off. There are different ways to do that without killing the fun.
The same way you can't place an horde and alliance team on the same BG or Arena (to benefit from beating yourself), they could simply not allow farm on the same node or plant from the same "source". There ya go... problem solved.
It's sad to see something cool like that going away without a real effort to make it work.

Either that, or change what they have now to give a 5-10 second delay before a node or plant can be tapped an additional time to slow down the rate at which people who like to multibox several characters is able to gather resources. That way, they would be forced to wait extra long at one spot until everyone on their team can tap the node reducing their effectiveness to be not much better than if they only used 1 toon to farm.

In general, here I was looking forward to the challenge of sending a 5 man team through dungeons as I only recently figured out a good system for doing that, being relatively new to multiboxing. Now with not being allowed to broadcast keystrokes, questing to level up 5 toons at once feels more annoying than it's worth, especially with the increased risk of being harassed for multiboxing regardless of whether or not you're using any software. Right now, I'm down to grinding out a couple of the older raids I have yet to get the mount from, and there's a very good chance I'll be cancelling 2 of my 5 subscriptions by the time shadowlands gets released.
<<

fireymerlin

Post Sun Nov 08, 2020 8:47 pm

I put in a ticket and was refunded all of my Shadowlands expansion upgrades for 5 accounts. One was the collectors edition. That amounted to over $300 US.
I may very well play Shadowlands, but I wanted my $$$$ to do the talking with Blizzard.

I also had purchased two 6 month subs. I didn't ask for refund on those since I read that Blizzard doesn't refund subscriptions.
PreviousNext

Return to World of Warcraft