FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

So Blizzard is killing Multiboxing in WoW

Moderator: MiRai

<<

sparvath

Post Fri Nov 06, 2020 6:43 am

Re: So Blizzard is killing Multiboxing in WoW

i asked for a Shadowlands refund and have already gotten the money from 5 of the six accounts back in my bank account. Last one was started a day later so think I should have those 75 euro on monday.

So ask for refund. They will do it
<<

Superromeo

Post Fri Nov 06, 2020 10:41 am

I just renewed 6 months sub for 5 accounts. And now this nonsense and of course Blizzard will not refund those subs as they claim you have already started use those sub time even though you are barely into the first month of a 6 month sub.
I think if it goes into a legal battle that Blizzard is at the wrong here as they always made it very clear multiboxing is allowed and all subscriptions should be able to be used up if they were bought before the policy change.
Then again why do I even want to bother playing my other accounts if they already have an expiry date?

Once again Blizzard caved in to the cry babies on forums.
<<

Silverthorn

Post Fri Nov 06, 2020 11:24 am

triforceprg wrote:one of my friends got banned a while ago (before the change in tos) and he was banned because of using a macro in razer synapse.
That seems unlikely to me. I have Razer Synapse running all the time, due to having a Razer keyboard and mouse, for at least the last 3 years, but Your Mileage May Vary.
<<

Silverthorn

Post Fri Nov 06, 2020 11:30 am

To people receiving warnings-- is this US Mail, email, or in-game mail? Can you post a screen shot?
<<

sparvath

Post Fri Nov 06, 2020 12:14 pm

Silverthorn wrote:To people receiving warnings-- is this US Mail, email, or in-game mail? Can you post a screen shot?

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=10742
<<

Silverthorn

Post Fri Nov 06, 2020 12:26 pm

sparvath wrote:
Silverthorn wrote:To people receiving warnings-- is this US Mail, email, or in-game mail? Can you post a screen shot?

Not real helpful-- the image link in the other post is broken for me, with or without my VPN running.
<<

sparvath

Post Fri Nov 06, 2020 1:16 pm

Silverthorn wrote:
sparvath wrote:

Not real helpful-- the image link in the other post is broken for me, with or without my VPN running.

its an email from Blizzard
<<

Deak

Post Fri Nov 06, 2020 2:48 pm

Just jumping in here to mention that I received a Shadowlands refund on three accounts within 6 hours of request today. It's a sad day indeed for those that enjoy peaceful non intrusive WoW gameplay.

I'm still hopeful for a resolution that is positive for all involved.
<<

globalfugitive

Post Fri Nov 06, 2020 7:25 pm

Revan2610 wrote:What I take away from Blizzards statements is this....

- Running 5 clients, mashing your DPS key, and all 5 clients going through their DPS rotation - no longer permitted

- Running 5 clients, and going to each window and clicking your DPS key - permitted

It effectively kills any form of combat in WoW with multiboxing as you can no longer send out 1 key to all 5 clients, and a major inconvenience to non-combat activities.

In a nutshell, I think the bottom line is if you have X number of clients running and want to mount your team up, then you can no longer press your mount key and instead have to go to each client and mount them individually.

yup, or simply put, multiboxing (multiple clients) is perfectly legal, keystroke broadcasting is not.
<<

Silverthorn

Post Fri Nov 06, 2020 9:40 pm

I'm still here because I think that multiboxing without multi-casting will give me most of what I need from multiple clients. Hopping in a two-seater mount and flying around herbing doubles my yield. I don't need multicasting for that--even the mouseclicks on the node from each window is fine. I'm just hoping for a solution that still allows this while above all staying legal.
PreviousNext

Return to World of Warcraft