FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

So Blizzard is killing Multiboxing in WoW

Moderator: MiRai

<<

ccwl

Post Fri Nov 06, 2020 9:57 pm

Re: So Blizzard is killing Multiboxing in WoW

I'm wondering if you could get around this by using a KVM switch that is just broadcasting to multiple computers? Technically its a hardware solution and not software.
<<

globalfugitive

Post Fri Nov 06, 2020 11:34 pm

ccwl wrote:I'm wondering if you could get around this by using a KVM switch that is just broadcasting to multiple computers? Technically its a hardware solution and not software.

http://www.vetra.com/844Ukmtext.html
<<

boxer5

Post Sat Nov 07, 2020 12:31 am

Deak wrote:Just jumping in here to mention that I received a Shadowlands refund on three accounts within 6 hours of request today. It's a sad day indeed for those that enjoy peaceful non intrusive WoW gameplay.

I'm still hopeful for a resolution that is positive for all involved.

Same here, just got a refund for 4 Shadowlands upgrades that I purchased about 10 days ago. I have to give Blizzard credit for doing these refunds. They really didn't have to, but they did. The first one went thru automatically using their automated system. The others were initially blocked by their automated system, but went thru after I explained that I was a multiboxer and someone intervened manually. Obviously, I still disagree with their decision to ban multiboxing, but they were a class act to those of us caught in the middle of the change. I'm keeping the Shadowlands upgrade on my fifth account and will give the one-boxer thing a try again...
<<

fixitman

Post Sat Nov 07, 2020 1:53 pm

ccwl wrote:I'm wondering if you could get around this by using a KVM switch that is just broadcasting to multiple computers? Technically its a hardware solution and not software.

They banned "input broadcasting", not just software.
<<

rippx

Post Sat Nov 07, 2020 2:31 pm

fixitman wrote:

But I think it would be allowed if he's using multiple computers right? Unless there's some way to use that switch on one PC using multiple accounts lmao.
<<

fixitman

Post Sat Nov 07, 2020 5:41 pm

rippx wrote:
fixitman wrote:

But I think it would be allowed if he's using multiple computers right? Unless there's some way to use that switch on one PC using multiple accounts lmao.

It might not matter if all the computers have the same internet IP. It all depends on how they are detecting the broadcasting.
<<

Spazzix

Post Sat Nov 07, 2020 6:07 pm

fixitman wrote:
rippx wrote:
fixitman wrote:They banned "input broadcasting", not just software.

It might not matter if all the computers have the same internet IP. It all depends on how they are detecting the broadcasting.

I believe they said that they explicitly said (in a forum thread) they did not change their stance on hardware broadcasting—not banned but not supported.

Ultimately I think that their automatic detection will just slap anyone running software with known broadcasting functionality (even if you aren't broadcasting with it) but beyond that they will also have a massive number of reports from the zealots who just want to report any multiboxer they see (even if they are clearly on the level of someone slowly alt-tabbing through each account) and depending on the data/precision of their game logs they may just ban people that have multiple events within a window deemed to be "outside of human capability". Meaning the burden will be on you to appeal and convince them that you are achieving the action times without broadcast software.

The scary part is, given that I think a lot of the impetus for making the policy change was probably community perception (and not concern for actual game impact), they may be less concerned with the technical details and more concerned with just banning and reporting to the diehard "all mutliboxing is evil!" players that their tickets were acted upon.
<<

npcostes

Post Sat Nov 07, 2020 6:58 pm

Bob, please consider starting a pinned thread just for update from you guys on this topic. It's no fun going through all these threads to find what the latest official word is :)
Thanks
<<

Nezied

Post Sun Nov 08, 2020 3:53 am

I too decided to request a refund on the 1 extra account that I had pre-purchased Shadowlands on, I even went for the epic upgrade too for the character boost, which I've used of course.

I had no problem getting it refunded, I just told them that because of the policy changes, I won't be needing it and it'll be obsolete.

Didn't have to argue or anything, just got a straight up refund on base and epic upgrade.
<<

Superromeo

Post Sun Nov 08, 2020 5:19 am

What really pi** me off is that I bought 6 months subs on 5 characters of which I am not going to use now. That is over £250 of money I spent while the policy allowed Multiboxing. Now suddenly they intent to change the policy and because I used about a month of these subs they refuse to refund. I am sure that I have a legal standing in the small claims court. Yes that amount is not going to break my bank but it is the principle that I bought those subs in good faith. Blizzard can't just make up the rules when ever it fits them! We should all sue in a class act to get full refunds!
PreviousNext

Return to World of Warcraft