FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

So Blizzard is killing Multiboxing in WoW

Moderator: MiRai

<<

patbluestar

Post Wed Dec 02, 2020 1:50 am

Re: So Blizzard is killing Multiboxing in WoW

Has anyone sucessfully appealed in case their accounts got banned for using broadcasting software?

I removed IS-boxer and all the addons around a 1 or 2 weeks after their policy change but just today I got the info that all my accounts are perma-banned.
No warning or anything.

Of course I am going to appeal now.
Any advice?
<<

kruppy

Post Mon Dec 14, 2020 9:12 pm

Unfortunate. Today I took a ban for a few hours.

I requested a petition on the subject. Hours later they converted to a 30-day suspension, finally they made me change the password and released it for use.

I followed the new rules, yet I was banned for no reason. I did not receive an email about the procedure taken.

Since the changes, I had 8 accounts and today 5 active accounts.

Note that blizzard has no structure to efficiently check the use of multibox. Unfortunately, it is based on how other players report it.
<<

woloss

Post Wed Dec 16, 2020 1:34 pm

patbluestar wrote:Has anyone sucessfully appealed in case their accounts got banned for using broadcasting software?

I removed IS-boxer and all the addons around a 1 or 2 weeks after their policy change but just today I got the info that all my accounts are perma-banned.
No warning or anything.

Of course I am going to appeal now.
Any advice?

I didn't, but just 6 month suspension for me. Not even bothering with dualbox anymore, just solo play for now. But, ye, perma ban usually means that they truly sure about cause. Nearly impossible to revert even if it's false positive.
Previous

Return to World of Warcraft