FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

So Blizzard is killing Multiboxing in WoW

Moderator: MiRai

<<

grundge

Post Fri Nov 13, 2020 10:12 pm

Re: So Blizzard is killing Multiboxing in WoW

I never received a warning either but I went for the refund because Blizzard is giving them out this time. The gm I spoke to said they won't do it later so keep that in mind to those guys still isboxing.

You're kind of playing Russian roulette every time you log in. It's only a matter of time. But if not being able to refund shadowlands doesn't bother you, go for it. See how long it works, but it would have bothered me so I refunded.
<<

Haemonaut

Post Sat Nov 14, 2020 11:24 am

grundge wrote:I never received a warning either but I went for the refund because Blizzard is giving them out this time. The gm I spoke to said they won't do it later so keep that in mind to those guys still isboxing.

You're kind of playing Russian roulette every time you log in. It's only a matter of time. But if not being able to refund shadowlands doesn't bother you, go for it. See how long it works, but it would have bothered me so I refunded.

I don't play retail wow so I'm not concerned about a refund anyway. I'm just curious because I've seen the same 'warning' image from reddit being passed around a lot but I can't find anyone I know who has actually received anything, we all strictly play classic wow.
<<

patbluestar

Post Sun Nov 15, 2020 5:21 am

Same here Haemonaut,
still boxing with IS boxxer in Classic and no warning so far.

I believe in order to receive a warning there must also be a player report.
Thats how blizz is handling this
<<

Kazz70

Post Sun Nov 15, 2020 11:15 am

patbluestar wrote:Same here Haemonaut,

That's how blizz is handling this

We are some ppl here who have got the warning mejl. I didn't do any boxing but I had inner space running in the background. Perhaps you are safe in classic, so far. But I wouldn't do any boxing in classic either until a solution is done.
<<

Xenia

Post Sun Nov 15, 2020 8:25 pm

globalfugitive wrote:
Xenia wrote:
Haemonaut wrote:My greatest issue with this decision is how they have framed it. The majority of players do not understand how multiboxing works and now blizzard has them all convinced that multiboxing=botting. They have demonized the community because a small number of players engaged in abusive activity. Saying that a few players using input broadcasting is 'detrimental to the majority of players' is just ridiculous.

This yet I still see botters going earlier I logged in to my servers popular bot area..behold...10 Monks all...afking a spot to farm boes and there not multi-boxing but actually botting.. what rubs me the wrong way, even more, is there taking peoples crap they earned legit away and are saying its because you botted. so do watch your accounts. it's safe to remove the WoW from ISBoxer now. it's not changing I had a long discussion with a Head-GM and even they said it's not really their choice it's from higher-ups and even they do not agree with it and can see it's not botting but a job is a job as he said. all I can say is it will hurt WoW cause the bots still stay while the boxers are gone and that's a lot of $ they just nuked for something that is not botting.

I've had nothing taken away, but then again I have never farmed, only run dungeons for quests.

ya idk I know 2 others who do herbing and all their stuff was nuked including tmogs and their ashes, they contacted support, and apparently there counting it as botting because it was Isboxer he ran. he didn't lose anything till yesterday so it looks like they are manually going through accounts. makes sense but how would they know we used ISBoxer if both of us have not used it in over a month? I was about to box again saw the policy change logged in saw I lost a few achievements and mounts then checked my banks and ya nuked to hell...i asked blizzard I got the same response in live chat ISBoxer is classified as botting now lol. guess time will tell but it's pretty bs. anyone still boxing watch your butt...anyone doing hardware boxing you kinda are just supporting them and not caring is how I see it.
<<

Xenia

Post Sun Nov 15, 2020 8:26 pm

patbluestar wrote:Same here Haemonaut,

Thats how blizz is handling this

Nah you will get a warning . a lot are just having it running without boxing
<<

toomanywowtoons

Post Thu Nov 19, 2020 9:59 pm

Got 6 copies (out of 7 accounts) of emails today stating my accounts have been suspended for 6 months.
No warning e-mails, no in-game warnings, and one account left untouched, despite being part of 1 of the 3 teams I had been running this week (go figure?). I made a concentrated effort to keep the keybroadcasting off, but the Icecrown rare encounters often overwhelmed my ability to see where my mouse cursor was as I tried to move from monitor to monitor. All sorts of weird stuff got clicked. And I tried to do the motherlode. And failed.

I have appealed, pointing out I have played since 2008, and never earned a reprimand or warning. And that they missed an account...

As a soft rebuke, I pointed out this decision released well AFTER the original release date for Shadowlands. After they got money for 5 standard upgrades, 2 Epic upgrades, and 1 not-yet-applied Collector's edition. I did not mention gametime purchased, though I feel they should allow pro-rated refunds of unused time if it's over half the balance left.

The website says they have 24 hours to reply... I plan to post tomorrow after work with any results (positive, negative, or none at all)
<<

toomanywowtoons

Post Fri Nov 20, 2020 10:32 pm

Got a copy and paste reply that, unlike previous communications with their customer service, 1) completely failed to convince me they even READ my response, and 2) signed as Blizzard Support, rather than providing a name.

Managed to request refunds on both of the second battle.net accounts through the automated system, but had to submit a ticket to get refunds for the 5 on my primary battle.net account. Which had a response that showed my request had actually been read, and a Customer Service rep's name (who knows if it was their real name, but at least it was a NAME). So just under $460 coming back to me. Hey, I can afford an Apple Series 6 watch now!
<<

fishtaco

Post Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:37 pm

Make sure you lads are removing the old addons (EMA/ISboxer) if you're going to use any version of the software, or even if you're not. Hadn't loaded boxer/innerspace since the 24th of September but I was still suspended for six months on three accounts without ANY warning two days ago for loading ISboxer/EMA addons on two accounts I manually logged into on top of my main account. Didn't even think about the addons as they have ZERO functionality and aren't tracked by cursebreaker/addon update clients. Dropped an ox statue, made sure I wasn't kicked for being AFK, farmed manually on my main account, and that was that.They even went so far as to reject my appeal, despite not actually using ISboxer. For just the addons, and only on an account I hadn't touched since I stopped using ISboxer.

Such a shame. But thanks to the lads here for all of the good years prior to this, can't thank you enough for the work you've put in for us.
<<

woloss

Post Mon Nov 23, 2020 10:40 am

fishtaco wrote:Make sure you lads are removing the old addons (EMA/ISboxer) if you're going to use any version of the software, or even if you're not. Hadn't loaded boxer/innerspace since the 24th of September but I was still suspended for six months on three accounts without ANY warning two days ago for loading ISboxer/EMA addons on two accounts I manually logged into on top of my main account. Didn't even think about the addons as they have ZERO functionality and aren't tracked by cursebreaker/addon update clients. Dropped an ox statue, made sure I wasn't kicked for being AFK, farmed manually on my main account, and that was that.They even went so far as to reject my appeal, despite not actually using ISboxer. For just the addons, and only on an account I hadn't touched since I stopped using ISboxer.

Such a shame. But thanks to the lads here for all of the good years prior to this, can't thank you enough for the work you've put in for us.

I didn't have ISBoxer addon, because last time I played with ISBoxer in February of 2020. However, I did install EMA and GSE, while it's based on WoW API, I don't know, but prolly worth to forget about using them.
Also, better to avoid Mouseover ability from "Ease of Access Center" or at least leave default - 500ms delay.
As for suspension, on 3rd ticket they said to stop appealing, I tried once again obviously and they answered in even more aggressive form to stop doing this.

Well, WoW account with all main chars and gold in ban (0 suspensions since I started playing on retail during early WotLK), another 2 WoW accounts in ban. Rest 5 unbanned on same bnet. I played either 2 acc or 8 accs since ToS, with same addons and so on. Before, ToS, well, last time I played in February. Wanted, to try how good is dualbox w/o soft on my head :D
PreviousNext

Return to World of Warcraft