FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

So Blizzard is killing Multiboxing in WoW

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Loryth

Post Mon Nov 09, 2020 2:29 am

Re: So Blizzard is killing Multiboxing in WoW

Hello everybody,

1st of all I would like to present myself I am french user of ISboxer since few months ago and i use it only for broadcasting 2 accounts. Mainly because i don't have a huge time for playing and i need to optimize my time for lvling questing with my chars.

My question is how blizzard could know we use a specific program ? There is an addon isboxer, blizzard detect this addon ? Do Isboxer load something more into wow client ? Their detection system is linked to our IP address ?

In Europe we have the GDPR do the blizzard spying system is complaint with the GDPR ?

I hope my english is clear.

Stay safe

Loryth
<<

paperuser41

Post Mon Nov 09, 2020 12:09 pm

This person explains that in the user agreement with Blizzard, we give them permission to access out PC.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eB80RUqv5UU
<<

Nuuli

Post Mon Nov 09, 2020 6:52 pm

kruppy wrote:It is too early to say that the Isboxer will be affected, in the forum says a software, there are others on the market. Blizzard should be more specific and say what software is prohibited.

What is prohibited is software that broadcasts... this is part of the response I received when I requested a refund of Shadowland x2,... "Multi-boxing is not being banned. Only the act of using Broadcasting Input Software... Multi-boxing itself still can be and is done by some without using that software (by using macros, game placements on screen, etc), but I can definitely understand the concern!"

So, I did get my refunds...
<<

Zeyrex

Post Tue Nov 10, 2020 1:23 am

I have been 5boxing teams for 2 years, When i started I was like just try it for a little bit then i soon found myself mastering tanking, healing and dpsing my way thru mythics. If i failed it was my fault, I soon fell in love with it. 2 teams leveled to 60 in classic, 3 teams in retail. I became so comfortable that when i would sub in a guildie for one of my dps if they had lower dps it was really notable. Anyhow The criers who misunderstand boxing won. I will have to see if the software will be banned for repeating same commands or if it will be ok for a team of 2 say a tank and healer where i have separate keystrokes for those so technically it would not be like spamming frostbolt on 5 mages. It would be 1 toon on follow and a different key stroke healing vs tanking. We will see, I have 2 boxed previously with 2 computers using input director program but that was a challenge. ISBoxer is awesome and glad i gave it a chance, will keep it for other games and/or doing screen mods, macros, ect.

The actual point of this response was to say blizzard will give refunds based on the delay to launch email they sent out to all who prepurchased xpac. I refunded 4 of my 5, will continue to log in alt accounts till my sub time runs out, to farm mounts (1 toon at a time)
<<

sdled

Post Tue Nov 10, 2020 10:22 am

received this warning running test on my 3 man on 3 accounts during free weekend ( i nolonger sub to wow, was only there for free weekend ):

Greetings,

Account Name:
Account Action: Warning
Offense: Use of Input Broadcasting Software

We have found recent activity on this account where characters were utilizing software intended for input broadcasting. Use of this software is considered detrimental to the gameplay experience in World of Warcraft, and as such we need to warn you that continued use of this type of software will cause sanctions to be taken against this account. You can find more information about our policy on input broadcasting software here: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/news/23558957/

The account holder is responsible for all activity on the account. We issue suspensions and closures to protect our players and our service in accordance with our Blizzard End User License Agreement: https://www.blizzard.com/legal/fba4d00f ... -agreement

Exploitive gains such as items or currency may have been removed as part of this action. Further inappropriate behavior may result in additional penalties, including permanent closure of this account. To dispute this action and for further information on exploitative activity, please review our appeal process: https://battle.net/support/article/166944

In some cases, these actions happen when a third party compromises an account to sell gold or other in-game property. If you believe your account was compromised, please follow these important instructions: https://battle.net/support/article/9852

Thank you for your time and for understanding.

Regards,

Customer Service
Blizzard Entertainment
https://battle.net/support
<<

Xenia

Post Tue Nov 10, 2020 5:45 pm

Well i had to activate my 7d trial. but I thought i'd post this they stripped Anything mats transmog and gold etc just about everything in the last 3 years I gained including my main account contacted blizzard and my ticket was deleted by them .

I had 5 accounts and just recently subbed all 5 for 6 months each as well as SL a month prior...i got refunded just now on my SL's but needless to say check your accounts.

In general I have now quit anything Blizzard related I ever only boxed to run dungeons or old raids or questing and was my way of relaxing and unstressing from RL. likely not to many females who boxed either I'm sure. overall I think this was a screwed up call on blizzard...cause I'm still seeing bots that apparently people said were multiboxing yet were actual bots so it really did nothing but hurt the actual players..
<<

Haemonaut

Post Tue Nov 10, 2020 6:46 pm

My greatest issue with this decision is how they have framed it. The majority of players do not understand how multiboxing works and now blizzard has them all convinced that multiboxing=botting. They have demonized the community because a small number of players engaged in abusive activity. Saying that a few players using input broadcasting is 'detrimental to the majority of players' is just ridiculous.
<<

Xenia

Post Wed Nov 11, 2020 12:44 am

Haemonaut wrote:My greatest issue with this decision is how they have framed it. The majority of players do not understand how multiboxing works and now blizzard has them all convinced that multiboxing=botting. They have demonized the community because a small number of players engaged in abusive activity. Saying that a few players using input broadcasting is 'detrimental to the majority of players' is just ridiculous.

This yet I still see botters going earlier I logged in to my servers popular bot area..behold...10 Monks all...afking a spot to farm boes and there not multi-boxing but actually botting.. what rubs me the wrong way, even more, is there taking peoples crap they earned legit away and are saying its because you botted. so do watch your accounts. it's safe to remove the WoW from ISBoxer now. it's not changing I had a long discussion with a Head-GM and even they said it's not really their choice it's from higher-ups and even they do not agree with it and can see it's not botting but a job is a job as he said. all I can say is it will hurt WoW cause the bots still stay while the boxers are gone and that's a lot of $ they just nuked for something that is not botting.
<<

globalfugitive

Post Wed Nov 11, 2020 10:22 pm

Xenia wrote:
Haemonaut wrote:My greatest issue with this decision is how they have framed it. The majority of players do not understand how multiboxing works and now blizzard has them all convinced that multiboxing=botting. They have demonized the community because a small number of players engaged in abusive activity. Saying that a few players using input broadcasting is 'detrimental to the majority of players' is just ridiculous.

This yet I still see botters going earlier I logged in to my servers popular bot area..behold...10 Monks all...afking a spot to farm boes and there not multi-boxing but actually botting.. what rubs me the wrong way, even more, is there taking peoples crap they earned legit away and are saying its because you botted. so do watch your accounts. it's safe to remove the WoW from ISBoxer now. it's not changing I had a long discussion with a Head-GM and even they said it's not really their choice it's from higher-ups and even they do not agree with it and can see it's not botting but a job is a job as he said. all I can say is it will hurt WoW cause the bots still stay while the boxers are gone and that's a lot of $ they just nuked for something that is not botting.

I've had nothing taken away, but then again I have never farmed, only run dungeons for quests.
<<

Haemonaut

Post Fri Nov 13, 2020 3:25 pm

Question - For the people who have received warnings, does it always come in an e-mail? I'm using a pretty outdated version of innerspace and I ONLY play WoW classic and I have not received any sort of warning as I continue to use my 3 warlock summoning team.
PreviousNext

Return to World of Warcraft