FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

So Blizzard is killing Multiboxing in WoW

Moderator: MiRai

<<

globalfugitive

Post Wed Nov 04, 2020 9:52 pm

Re: So Blizzard is killing Multiboxing in WoW

Bubbahearths wrote:Thank you for the quick attempts at clarifying this with blizzard. I will not be canceling anything until I know for sure the way I enjoy playing will no longer be supported. This game means a lot to me and I appreciate ISBoxer for what yall do.

Ditto for me too.
<<

Silverthorn

Post Wed Nov 04, 2020 10:08 pm

Keep calm and multi-box on... it will work out somehow.
<<

Surveyor

Post Wed Nov 04, 2020 10:42 pm

I requested a refund on my SL upgrades on all 5 of my accounts. I am regretting it now because they stuffed it up by refunding 4 of the 5 accounts but downgraded all 5 back to BFA. Not to mention I have since changed my mind and want to keep all five accounts active lol. Dont be like me, have some patience and let it play out.
<<

MasterChad

Post Wed Nov 04, 2020 10:58 pm

Work is going at a reasonable pace to be able to provide something that complies with Blizzard's rules. We just want clarification from Blizzard on what those rules are, as the current information is ambiguous.

Bob,

Thank you so much for the responses. I started Multiboxing when Classic came out and you've always been helpful and informative. Today, I multibox a 5-man team and have conquered all of the Classic Dungeon bosses. It's been the most rewarding gaming experience of my long gaming career. I was so shocked and crestfallen when I saw Blizzard's announcement that it put me in a hopeless daze all day today. Your statement above gives me hope. I think all of us need that right now. ISBoxer opened up a whole new world for us and now it all threatens to be taken away. I'm going to carry on as long as I can.
<<

ratkil

Post Thu Nov 05, 2020 12:56 am

So, going back to old school, a thought on a potential workaround. With multiple monitors you could put the wow windows in each one with then ability to mouse between them without alt tabbing, or if you aren't old like me and still have viable eyesight you could tile them on a big monitor. :-) If have two devices you can do this with Synergy which is what I used to use in the old days between laptop and pc. Then as I mentioned in early post open up the FX source and viewer windows so in your main you have views to tool bars in your clients you could relatively quickly click through to hit macros on the clients. This would be the main control point but quickly moving control between windows with mouse would allow corrections and fixing when toons go erratic, get feared, etc. Those fast with keyboard could still alt tab or flick through windows with keyboard shortcut. It's not going to be feasible for PVP, will most likely drop overall dps a bit and increase complexity in dungeons. That said for many like me who just use multiboxing to make general PVE gameplay a bit more interesting it would continue being feasible. Ironically it would still very much enable mass gathering though with a small impact on efficiency.

Again the big unknown is if they will allow Innerspace (sorry for putting Isboxer before, keep forgetting the engine versus the gui) to be running on systems. If they do I would see this as a viable option again for those of us that just want to move through PVE content doing things. It also has added benefit of irritating the people that just like to complain and will continue to report anyone they see even just with a toon on follow. As someone else rightly mentioned however it will result in a lot of time and frustration spent in being locked and having to appeal decisions I would assume.

What would be really cool would be if the software's in question (innerspace, etc) actually had an API connection warden that indicated if it was infringing on the "red" zone. In other words you could turn on a flag and turns off functions that would infringe on the WoW TOS and also allows a GM to verify remotely if there is issue or not. That way reports would just be handled without initial bans. Maybe being naively optimistic on how things would work but one can hope.

Guess we just wait and see how Blizz responds to the Lavis team.
<<

globalfugitive

Post Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:10 am

ratkil wrote:So, going back to old school, a thought on a potential workaround. With multiple monitors you could put the wow windows in each one with then ability to mouse between them without alt tabbing, or if you aren't old like me and still have viable eyesight you could tile them on a big monitor. :-) If have two devices you can do this with Synergy which is what I used to use in the old days between laptop and pc. Then as I mentioned in early post open up the FX source and viewer windows so in your main you have views to tool bars in your clients you could relatively quickly click through to hit macros on the clients. This would be the main control point but quickly moving control between windows with mouse would allow corrections and fixing when toons go erratic, get feared, etc. Those fast with keyboard could still alt tab or flick through windows with keyboard shortcut. It's not going to be feasible for PVP, will most likely drop overall dps a bit and increase complexity in dungeons. That said for many like me who just use multiboxing to make general PVE gameplay a bit more interesting it would continue being feasible. Ironically it would still very much enable mass gathering though with a small impact on efficiency.

Again the big unknown is if they will allow Innerspace (sorry for putting Isboxer before, keep forgetting the engine versus the gui) to be running on systems. If they do I would see this as a viable option again for those of us that just want to move through PVE content doing things. It also has added benefit of irritating the people that just like to complain and will continue to report anyone they see even just with a toon on follow. As someone else rightly mentioned however it will result in a lot of time and frustration spent in being locked and having to appeal decisions I would assume.

What would be really cool would be if the software's in question (innerspace, etc) actually had an API connection warden that indicated if it was infringing on the "red" zone. In other words you could turn on a flag and turns off functions that would infringe on the WoW TOS and also allows a GM to verify remotely if there is issue or not. That way reports would just be handled without initial bans. Maybe being naively optimistic on how things would work but one can hope.

Guess we just wait and see how Blizz responds to the Lavis team.

There is a HW Broadcaster, but not cheap (~US$500) - for those with multiple systems.
<<

Spazzix

Post Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:48 am

Being that it's fairly easy to simply rebuy SL upgrades and subscribe, I think there is some merit to getting refunds (rather than waiting to see how it all pans out) simply to show Blizzard the size of the community and the need to work with legitimate multiboxers and the software developers that want to support ToS-Compliant programs.
<<

grundge

Post Thu Nov 05, 2020 3:18 am

Well this really sucks. I was just getting into WoW again. I was having a blast leveling a 3 man group through MoP since I missed that expansion.

No isboxer means I am done with WoW forever. I did buy Shadowlands on one account. I definitely will be asking for a refund now.

Oh well I guess it's for the better. This isn't the Blizzard that gave us the WoW I loved. It's whatever Activision wants to make it. Besides I will be playing Godfall and all the other games coming out this month anyway.

Thanks isboxer team for all your hard work. Greatly appreciate all you guys did.
<<

Kazz70

Post Thu Nov 05, 2020 6:28 am

Sad news, was planning for a team but guess i have to wait.

My thoughts goes to the team working with isboxer. Keep fighting for our existence :)
<<

rippx

Post Thu Nov 05, 2020 7:55 pm

Guys, it's game over. I had so much fun, I wish I started multiboxing a long time ago.

Just received this warning from blizzard:

Offense: Use of Input Broadcasting Software

Went on their official website to find this:

The use of input broadcasting software that mirrors keystrokes to multiple WoW game clients will soon be considered an actionable offense. We believe this policy is in the best interests of the game and the community.

We will soon begin issuing warnings to all players who are detected using input broadcasting software to mirror commands to multiple accounts at the same time (often used for multi-boxing). With these warnings, we intend to notify players that they should not use this software while playing World of Warcraft. Soon thereafter, the warnings will escalate to account actions, which can include suspension and, if necessary, permanent closure of the player's World of Warcraft account(s). We strongly advise you to cease using this type of software immediately to maintain uninterrupted access to World of Warcraft.

Thank you for your understanding.
PreviousNext

Return to World of Warcraft