FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

So Blizzard is killing Multiboxing in WoW

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Silverthorn

Post Wed Nov 04, 2020 12:06 pm

Re: So Blizzard is killing Multiboxing in WoW

so would it be safe to say that this will also apply for keyboards that send keystrokes like Logitech, razer when you have it as a spam macro?

Unlikely. First, it would be tough to detect such things in action. It's one thing to have a watchdog program scan the Task List once a minute for bad things and much harder to continuously scan for commands arriving too fast to have been typed by hand. Maybe it's network traffic bunching stuff up? It would be far easier to detect a Logitech or Razer peripheral and then refuse to launch the game. Which ain't gonna happen.

Bottom line: Blizzard is trying to shutdown the extreme multi-boxers impacting the play environment (especially combat and gathering) and not nigh undetectable keyboard macros.
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Wed Nov 04, 2020 1:55 pm

Evolve wrote:I wanna know what the plan is here about that. I cant use the software anymore that i prepaid.

Lavishsoft's policy is currently, you can request a refund within 14 days of purchase. You implicitly agreed to this when you purchased the subscription.
Anything else will be at Lavishsoft's discretion - and no decision has been made at this time.
<<

Sharku

Post Wed Nov 04, 2020 1:57 pm

eperez162 wrote:so would it be safe to say that this will also apply for keyboards that send keystrokes like Logitech, razer when you have it as a spam macro?

how does it work, the keystrokes with logtechs keyboard, is it a special model?
<<

eperez162

Post Wed Nov 04, 2020 2:10 pm

Sharku wrote:
eperez162 wrote:so would it be safe to say that this will also apply for keyboards that send keystrokes like Logitech, razer when you have it as a spam macro?

The way I have it set up in-game i created a macro assigned a Keybind then using Logitech i have it spam that key endlessly until I toggle it off. The same can be done with Razer. It's a Macro that will spam the same key.
<<

Evolve

Post Wed Nov 04, 2020 2:12 pm

bob wrote:
Evolve wrote:I wanna know what the plan is here about that. I cant use the software anymore that i prepaid.

Lavishsoft's policy is currently, you can request a refund within 14 days of purchase. You implicitly agreed to this when you purchased the subscription.
Anything else will be at Lavishsoft's discretion - and no decision has been made at this time.

lot of good that 14 day window does me. I just paid 2 years a couple months ago.
<<

Kiduh

Post Wed Nov 04, 2020 2:48 pm

eperez162 wrote:
Sharku wrote:

The way I have it set up in-game i created a macro assigned a Keybind then using Logitech i have it spam that key endlessly until I toggle it off. The same can be done with Razer. It's a Macro that will spam the same key.

But only in one window ? So have to switch slots anyway
<<

eperez162

Post Wed Nov 04, 2020 3:14 pm

Kiduh wrote:
But only in one window ? So have to switch slots anyway

yes, it is a temporary fix until Lax gets any cease letter from Blizz. In the end, if Blizz doesn't like any software that is harming their game they should send Cease and desist letter. I'm not trying to start anything but that how they got rid of Honorbuddy (the actual bots that ruined the game)
<<

elfasvonpa

Post Wed Nov 04, 2020 3:51 pm

You guys are talking about literally automation, that is bannable, it's in the same category as botting.
<<

eperez162

Post Wed Nov 04, 2020 3:59 pm

elfasvonpa wrote:

You guys are talking about literally automation, that is bannable, it's in the same category as botting.

a cast sequence macro in-game and using the Logitech macro system?
<<

elfasvonpa

Post Wed Nov 04, 2020 4:34 pm

eperez162 wrote:
elfasvonpa wrote:

a cast sequence macro in-game and using the Logitech macro system?

If Logitech gives 1 keypress = more than 1 action, yes ofc
PreviousNext

Return to World of Warcraft