FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

So Blizzard is killing Multiboxing in WoW

Moderator: MiRai

<<

ratkil

Post Wed Nov 04, 2020 7:14 am

Re: So Blizzard is killing Multiboxing in WoW

Guess the question is will just having isboxer or equivalent type software running on your system be bannable or just if you are using the broadcast function? As there would be work arounds with fx windows which if clunky would still allow some functionality. In early days I used keyclone which is now still something that would be on the list but it was more crude at that time where it sent individual keys to different clients so you still were doing 1 to 1 key presses. Granted that is if my memory is holding up correctly which is a big question in itself. :D
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Wed Nov 04, 2020 8:54 am

ratkil wrote:will just having isboxer or equivalent type software running on your system be bannable
Unknown at this time. We are attempting to get some clarification.

If the use of software that has the ability to do input broadcasting, rather than whether you use that feature, is what they are looking for, then you(we) are pretty much hosed.

If the use of multiboxing software that does not allow for input broadcasting is allowed, ISBoxer will probably be updated to enforce some extra restrictions for WoW to stay within their rules.
<<

telanis

Post Wed Nov 04, 2020 9:16 am

The funny thing is they updated their policy for Multiboxing, they want us ($$$) but just not use any third-party software lol

https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/24258

For those asking for refund, do you think you will be successful? I bought 4 pre-shadowlands when it came out and was about to buy another one soon in preparation for Shadowlands to complete my 5 man team level setup. I'm not sure if they will even refund the purchases :/

PS: If you ask for a refund of shadowlands and they approve it will they go to your accounts and remove the characters that you boosted using the free boosts?
Last edited by telanis on Wed Nov 04, 2020 9:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
<<

Sharku

Post Wed Nov 04, 2020 9:23 am

i think its clear what they think about multibxoing, its a huge schock but i accpeted it and start a refund of all my new accounts.
i will dualbox now without software. just my pc + my notebook. tested it already.
the main char is controlled by mouse. razer naga.
the second char on my notebook with a razer tartarus.
<<

Bubbahearths

Post Wed Nov 04, 2020 9:59 am

GM confirmed that the language used is in the multiboxing policy update is bullshit. All broadcast software will be banned.
<<

Grimning

Post Wed Nov 04, 2020 10:38 am

telanis wrote:...
PS: If you ask for a refund of shadowlands and they approve it will they go to your accounts and remove the characters that you boosted using the free boosts?

I recently refunded shadowlands epic edition on an account I decided I didn't want to use, and it had a boosted DH. The DH is now locked for play.

<<

Blackavar

Post Wed Nov 04, 2020 10:44 am

I am really bummed by this. I have been boxing since Vanilla with my 5 warlocks on a Multiplexer. Then went to Key Clone and Finally Isboxer. I just re-subbed and bought the X-pac on my accounts like two weeks ago. Just got done cancelling and submitting a ticket to be refunded. Multi Boxing is the only reason I continued to play this game since Pandaria.

Anyone have any suggestions on other games that are fun to multibox? Kind of thinking about trying to Truly box the Old republic. I have always just kind of half assed it there.
<<

Silverthorn

Post Wed Nov 04, 2020 10:55 am

It is logical that ISBoxer would fall under this ban. It is unfortunate considering in my case, I never got the combat automation working (never really needed it). I primarily used it to gather x2 or x3, but I always clicked in each window, again, because I didn't have the mouse broadcasting set up to automatically align the view. Simply having both (or all three) windows visible and clickable independently was useful to me.

Doubtless, Blizzard can't detect mouse or keyboard broadcasting per-se, instead, they have identified certain programs that do so and will then have their Guardian software detect when these apps are running, just as they do with botting programs.

My question is, has anyone already received a warning while running ISBoxer and WoW?

Also, what form do these warnings take? An email? a GM whisper? An immediate logout with a nasty error message?
<<

onakwashere

Post Wed Nov 04, 2020 11:12 am

I am still using isboxer as of this moment but i didnt get a warning or penalty
Will continue using isboxer til i receive a penalty lol
<<

eperez162

Post Wed Nov 04, 2020 11:33 am

so would it be safe to say that this will also apply for keyboards that send keystrokes like Logitech, razer when you have it as a spam macro?
PreviousNext

Return to World of Warcraft