FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

So Blizzard is killing Multiboxing in WoW

Moderator: MiRai

<<

hownowbrownwow

Post Tue Nov 03, 2020 10:36 pm

Re: So Blizzard is killing Multiboxing in WoW

kruppy wrote:It is too early to say that the Isboxer will be affected, in the forum says a software, there are others on the market. Blizzard should be more specific and say what software is prohibited.

Isboxer is input broadcasting software, using it in it's current form is an actionable offense.
<<

Revival

Post Tue Nov 03, 2020 11:07 pm

I feel that ISBoxer will have to come out with a statement soon.
<<

Evolve

Post Tue Nov 03, 2020 11:44 pm

ive already opened ticket with blizz about refunds
problem is that max blizz balance is 750 and i would exceed that.
i can move game time around i guess to one account and get refunds on unused game time as i spend blizz balance
I just paid for two years of ISboxer a few months ago too. if this program is now useless then thats more money wasted.
I wanna know what the plan is here about that. I cant use the software anymore that i prepaid.
<<

headtrip

Post Tue Nov 03, 2020 11:52 pm

I was able to get a full refund for my shadowlands pre-orders with blizzard. (paid back to my CC, which I purchased with, not battlenet balance - no idea if the bnet balance cap would limit how much you can refund)
If you're hanging up the skates, like I am, I suggest getting your refunds in now before the expansion goes live.

Time to find a new game to multibox :twisted:
<<

Demonbreun

Post Tue Nov 03, 2020 11:56 pm

I still have some hope. The post reads "The use of input broadcasting software that mirrors keystrokes to multiple WoW game clients will soon be considered an actionable offense."

I have bolded "mirrors keystrokes" because: while IsBoxer does this by default, but doesn't necessarily have to.

So that means my playstyle of tank + pockethealer should still be OK. All I need is a follow macro, some VideoFX with mouse clicks for heals. It'd be nothing like what I can with 3 more casters, but still enjoyable. Gets me insta-queue into dungeons while leveling.

Maybe "round robin" technically qualifies as not mirroring? I tend to spam my DPS key anyway. Would need to hit follow 4 times too, but that can become muscle memory. Heck, might even give me more control over my team with practice.

But that spawns a whole host of other questions like: How can Blizz tell the difference? Sure they have logs, but how likely are they to dig that deep? Doing that takes time and time is money. This has me worried about even doing any kind of multiboxing anymore for fear of getting my 16 year old account banned. Hopefully Blizz will clarify this in the coming weeks :sigh:
<<

Kiduh

Post Wed Nov 04, 2020 12:35 am

They forget that they gonna loose a lot of money, i do believe many others like me are just small multiboxers doing it for the fun and the entkre setting up of keymaps and such. I never had the intention to break the bank and payed for subscriptions every month. It was a way of gamelife, a way to play. If they see the monthly subscriptions go down with thousands if not hundreds of thousands they might reconcider. "soon be considered an actionable offense. " it is not for now... Probably waiting for the launch of SL and then refusing refunds since the time to react has expired. They fucked up with BFA, i tried to make the best out of it, they delayed the launch of SL wasted my vacation days and the chance to get the requirements needed to get into the a team of my raiding guild and now this... Are they trying to piss off as much people as possible ? Hit the people using automated programs or anyone using stuff against the ToS. Probably to much work to catch the zillion of botters so they target. Limit multiboxing or something but this is just soothing "the community" because of people whining. We should all stand up and cancel all subscriptions and bomb them with refund requests. You just can't change ur policy from one day to another. What's next ? 1 ip = 1 connection ?
<<

Bubbahearths

Post Wed Nov 04, 2020 1:32 am

My takeaway is no one really knows jack yet. They use words like "actionable offense" which does not mean they will take action it just means that using the software is now something they can penalize you for. Then in the support article covering multiboxing, which was updated while everyone started freaking out, they clarify that they are not against ultiboxing and that using the software "may" result in a penalty. So basically if they want to they can now warn and then ban any account using "Input Broadcastin Software". The kind of language used is how lawyers talk. It implies something but also allows them to bail out and say this was aimed at so and so, so such and such is fine and shouldn't warrant a penalty. They have in no way been straightforward with this matter at all. They needed very clear and concise language. which they had in the second part of the announcement. But to also include wishy washy language in the first part and then update a policy post announcement shows they really don't want to be straightforward.

I suspect this was aimed at a specific group of people abusing specific methods within game that could not be accomplished without this software. Not at everyone using it period. Instead of fixing an issue they love to put bandaids on and saying that we can now be penalized for using this kind of software would be the easiest and fastest way to solve that specific issue.

https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/24258
<<

Kiduh

Post Wed Nov 04, 2020 1:57 am

https://www.wowhead.com/news=318925/mul ... revent-bot

To me that clarifies nothing... So they consider multibox as multiple clients running on 1 computer but you can't use software to send keystrokes to other clients ?
<<

Bubbahearths

Post Wed Nov 04, 2020 2:04 am

Which is exactly why I think this is a band aid solution to the big druid farms in pre patch. I don't think they are going to enforce it on normal multibox users. To say they support multiboxing makes me think like i said that this is their solution to adress an issue besides multibox users. Hell they might retract the entire thing once SL releases. I have already opened a ticket explaining how the talk in the different post implies an "at our discretion kind of feel" and asking for a very specific yes or no multiboxing with 2-3 is going to get me in trouble
<<

Revan2610

Post Wed Nov 04, 2020 7:01 am

What I take away from Blizzards statements is this....

- Running 5 clients, mashing your DPS key, and all 5 clients going through their DPS rotation - no longer permitted

- Running 5 clients, and going to each window and clicking your DPS key - permitted

It effectively kills any form of combat in WoW with multiboxing as you can no longer send out 1 key to all 5 clients, and a major inconvenience to non-combat activities.

In a nutshell, I think the bottom line is if you have X number of clients running and want to mount your team up, then you can no longer press your mount key and instead have to go to each client and mount them individually.
PreviousNext

Return to World of Warcraft