FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Tank hit 80... so I snuck into some heroics...

Moderator: MiRai

<<

zanthor

Post Tue Dec 22, 2009 8:36 am

Tank hit 80... so I snuck into some heroics...

I've been working on a tank/mage/mage/rogue team healing with my 80 geared shaman... (when I say geared, I mean it, he's got the legendary and all you would expect of someone with it.)

Anyhow I had made a significant investment before hitting 80 to ensure I could tank well, so the moment I hit 80 I went from 20k hp and crap stats to 30k hp and heroic defense cap. I've got a shopping list about 250 EoT badges long so I figured I'd sneak in a heroic or two as a test drive where I only had to worry about the tank and healing, and leave DPS to pugs or guild members...

It was stunning.

We did all three heroic ICC dungeons, I actually DPS'd on the 3rd one since it was obvious I was a touch short gearwise to make the endurance match. Aside from needing to modify my setup for Ick and one wipe on the run from the lich king it was beautiful. Both times I adapted my config quickly, easily, and without delaying my party more than a normal AFK for a coke... and we carried on.

I can't wait to get into these with the Rogue and Mages (Who will hit 80 tonight/tomorrow.) They have similar BOE epics waiting and similar shopping lists made for them...
<<

zanthor

Post Tue Dec 22, 2009 8:39 am

Re: Tank hit 80... so I snuck into some heroics...

Armory for Pally Tank
Armory for Mage
Armory for Mage
Armory for Rogue
Armory for Shaman

Aazan Upgrade Path
Trinket2 - Essence of GossamerRefresh This Item - Heroic Azjul Nerub
Trinket1 - The Black HeartRefresh This Item - Trial of the Champion Normal (8k delta)
Weapon - Lucky Old SunRefresh This Item - Brohnjam Halls of Reflection (3k delta)
Legs - 50 EoT - Liadrin's Legguards of TriumphRefresh This Item (13k delta) 260:1
Hands - 30 EoT - Liadrin's Handguards of ConquestRefresh This Item (6k Delta) 200:1
Shoulders - 45 EoT - Shoulderguards of Enduring OrderRefresh This Item (9k Delta) 200:1
Ring Upgrade - 35 EoT - Clutch of FortificationRefresh This Item - (3k Delata) 85:1
Helm Upgrade - 75 EoT - Headplate of the HonorboundRefresh This Item - (6k delta) 80:1
Back Upgrade - 50 EoF - Sentinel's Winter CloakRefresh This Item - (8k delta) 160:1
Trinket Upgrade - 50 EoF - Corroded Skeleton KeyRefresh This Item - (5k delta/8k delta) 100:1/160:1 (Depends on if I get the blue or not)
Waste Upgrade - 60 EoF - Verdigris Chain BeltRefresh This Item - (7k delta) 116:1
Chest Upgrade - 95 EoF - Cataclysmic ChestguardRefresh This Item - (6k delta) 63:1

Zanthor upgrade path
Head - Frayed Scoundrel's CapRefresh This Item - Devourer of Souls - Heroic Forge of Souls
Mainhand - NighttimeRefresh This Item - Bronjahm - Heroic Forge of Souls
Shoulders - Bewildering ShoulderpadsRefresh This Item - Bronjahm - Forge of Souls
Back - Accursed Crawling CapeRefresh This Item - Devourer of Souls - Forge of Souls
Ranged - Papa's Brand New KnifeRefresh This Item - Bronjahm - Forge of Souls
Gloves - Gilt Edged Leather GauntletsRefresh This Item - King Ymiron - Heroic UP
Legs - Leggings of Brazen TrespassRefresh This Item - Trial of the Champion (Delta 68)
Ring1 - Uruka's Band of ZealRefresh This Item - Trial of the Champion
Offhand - 50 EoH - GrasscutterRefresh This Item (Delta 55) 1.1:1
Neck - 19 EoC - Broach of the Wailing NightRefresh This Item (Delta 14) .73:1
Ring2 - 35 EoT - Dexterous Brightstone RingRefresh This Item (Delta 30) .85:1
Trinket2 - 50 EoT - Mark of SupremacyRefresh This Item (Delta 35) .7:1
Legs - 39 EoC - Leggings of Wavering ShadowRefresh This Item (Delta 80/12) 2.0/.3:1
Gloves - 60 EoF - Cat Burglar's GripsRefresh This Item (Delta 57/35) .95:1/.58:1
Trinket1 - 60 EoF - Herkuml War TokenRefresh This Item (Delta 40) .66:1
Belt - 60 EoF - Vengeful NooseRefresh This Item (Delta 20) .33:1
Ranged - 30 EoF - Shrapnel StarRefresh This Item (Delta 8) .26:1
Chest - 95 EoF - Shadow Seeker's TunicRefresh This Item (Delta 20) .21:1

Mage Upgrade Path
Find phat lewts! (Seriously, I'll be filling this in soon!)

Return to World of Warcraft