FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Need help Alt + f not working on both characters

Moderator: MiRai

<<

ChunkyCoffee

Post Sun Oct 18, 2020 9:27 pm

Need help Alt + f not working on both characters

I'm dualboxing and when I try to alt + f on one character it works, but when I switch screens and try to alt + f on that character the character doesn't follow, I'm using same setup from before prepatch which worked fine but after prepatch this happened and it's really annoying. How do i get both characters to have alt + f to work after prepatch?

I tried messing with the "modifiers" to fix this, and no matter what i do the slot 2 character will not follow, I can get the slot 1 character to follow the slot 2. Do I have to change the follow hotkey? because that will suck as I am so used to alt + f.
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Sun Oct 18, 2020 9:47 pm

Re: Need help Alt + f not working on both characters

Recent issue caused by Blizzard's patches.

See the post from Jabberie viewtopic.php?p=49889#p49889 for more info.
<<

ChunkyCoffee

Post Sun Oct 18, 2020 10:12 pm

Like I said, I tried messing with the modifiers, still only works on one character. No matter what I can't get my one character to follow the other character. I have even tried changing the hotkey for follow from alt + f to something else, and it doesn't work. I've reran quick setup wizard multiple times to see if maybe my configuration was no longer working from prepatch. I've deleted the characters from isboxer to see if that was the issue.

I can follow the character currently in slot 1 fine, if i try to use the hotkey i switched to follow on the slot 2 character then it doesn't do anything, I switched it to f11. an unbinded key that i never use (default opens slot 4 bag) and my slot 1 character will not follow my slot 2 character no matter what I do with modifiers and no matter what combos of buttons i hit with f11.
<<

bob

Post Sun Oct 18, 2020 10:25 pm

The only change that is required is setting the Slot ID on the slot of the character set to something that works now that Blizzard have broke their macro system (no ETA on a fix). After setting the modifier, Export to InnerSpace, and reload the games (or in game /console reload on all windows).

If you have more than 2 characters in a set, then the setting to choose is not the same as shown, and outlined in the post previously linked.
<<

ChunkyCoffee

Post Sun Oct 18, 2020 10:29 pm

Are you seeing something in that screenshot I'm not or understanding something about the modifiers that I'm not getting? You're telling me to change the box ticked under "slot id ftl modifiers" right? If so, as I've said twice already I've changed which box was ticked multiple times on just 1 or the other or both in about 20+ different combinations and my slot 2 character still cannot get slot 1 to follow. I've spent the past 2 hours fiddling with isboxer trying to get this to work, and only my slot 1 character is successfully getting followed, but my slot 2 character is not. So I thought after a bit of fiddling with the modifiers that I should try using a different hotkey altogether and that didn't help, so i fiddled with modifiers again and nothing worked. I'm just getting annoyed at the situation because it was something I didn't have to worry about for the past 2+ years.

Edit: Got it to work finally using the setup mentioned in this but I had to exit WoW and restart my computer to get it to work. For some reason when I tried doing it with wow open and exporting it didn't work but when i exited wow it worked for me.
Last edited by ChunkyCoffee on Sun Oct 18, 2020 11:00 pm, edited 4 times in total.
<<

grundge

Post Sun Oct 18, 2020 10:56 pm

The fix you guys are posting is not working at all. When I switch from right shift on slot 2 to left shift, left alt as the video shows it doesn't fix the problem.

When I press alt+f on slot 2 the characters in the other slots get a message that they have no target instead of following the slot 2 character.

There is a step you are omitting. Any way you can let us in on it or get patch out to fix this?

I'm not mega boxing just doing a simple 3 box so I just created a 4 slot team with a character I don't log in for slot 2, but a more solid fix would be greatly appreciated.
<<

ChunkyCoffee

Post Sun Oct 18, 2020 11:02 pm

I'm dualboxing grundge but the one he screenshotted worked for me (changing slot 2's modifier to left control) but it wasn't working when I was exporting while in game it for some reason only worked after restarting completely, dunno if that helps you at all as you are in a slightly different situation.
<<

bob

Post Sun Oct 18, 2020 11:10 pm

grundge wrote:There is a step you are omitting. Any way you can let us in on it or get patch out to fix this?

Nope.

Steps are:
  • Change setting
  • Export to InnerSpace
  • Launch Character Set (because the games were not running) or Launch Character set AND /Console reload in game (because the games were running)
  • Make sure ISBoxer Addon is enabled on all toons (including load out of date addons)

The leftshift/left alt setting as per the video has worked fine for everyone else who are running a smaller team. If its not working for you, feel free to try a more distinct combo for your 3 man. e.g. Left Shift for slot 1, Left Ctrl for Slot 2, Left Alt for Slot 3.

We don't want to issue a patch as this has been a moving target. Blizzard have changed the affected function of their macro system with every patch they have issued over the last week. We know this has been raised internally on the dev boards yesterday, so we'd like to wait a couple of days.
<<

Kazz70

Post Wed Oct 21, 2020 6:26 pm

Renewed my subscription today and couldn't get it to work. assist/Follow and interact with target for loot and such. Have been reading and struggling until now, got it working :)

Big thanks to all for your effort and extra to the team working to get it working smooth again.

Thanks to Bob the assist/follow is fine now and an old clip from MiRai (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5p68g9A46Rw) helped me with interact with target. GREATINGS to you! :D
<<

grundge

Post Wed Oct 21, 2020 10:25 pm

I got it working now. The video was a bit misleading. It showed to uncheck right shift and then select both left shift and left alt but like you stated I only needed to select the one that the other two weren't using. It works fine now. Thanks.

Return to World of Warcraft