FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

DirectX 11 is broken and DX12 does not load properly

Moderator: MiRai

<<

deus81

Post Wed Oct 14, 2020 2:07 pm

DirectX 11 is broken and DX12 does not load properly

If i set ingame (or in the login screen) the Graphics API to DirectX 11 then it breaks the Window Layouts and if i try to load my Character Set then only Slot 1 is loaded and doesnt get put back in the background.

I played all the Time in DirectX 11 because D12 needs to much VideoRAM and closes or freezes often the windows when i switch them and DirectX 11 Legacy gives me low FPS. So the only Option for me is DX11.

Does someone have the same Problem? Or a solution maybe? At least with "gxMaximize set to 1" there is loading something in the first place.

In Characters -> Game Profile i had default. I changed it to DirectX 11 on all Chars but that changed nothing.

And another problem: I have 3 GPUs. RTX 2080 and 2x 5700XT. If i set WoW to DX12 then all Slots are running on my first GPU (5700XT, Primary). With DX11 Legacy ISBoxer let the windows run as follow: 8/9/8 thats how it is set up with the Window Layouts. 1 PC Threadripper 3970. I tried different Driver, older and new driver, no change.
<<

deus81

Post Fri Oct 16, 2020 1:11 pm

Re: DirectX 11 is broken and DX12 does not load properly

Update:
I updated Win 10 64 from 1909 to 2004 aaaand no change, still the same behavior. WoW and all Driver and software are up to date.

Update2:
In all Config-Charname.wtf 'SET hwDetect "0"' allready was set to 0.
I added in account 1-8: 'SET gxAdapter "AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT [1]"',
in account 9-17 'SET gxAdapter "NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080"'
and in account 18-25 'SET gxAdapter "AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT [2]"'

this changed also nothing: in DX12 all 25 Windows are run by 1 GPU (Primary).
In DX11 only the first account/window is started -> maximized and is not taken in the Homeregion (Region2).
In DX11 Legacy everything seems to work fine and is running through the correct GPUs set in the Window Layout in ISBoxer. But ... i have horrible framerate in DX 11 Legacy.

I dont know what to try else, seems that noone has the same Problem O.o. Everything was working bevore 9.0.1 so i dont think its a problem on my side.
<<

wrenchman30

Post Fri Oct 16, 2020 8:32 pm

the new expansion may have set your video quality higher recheck and make sure all your windows is not turned up, i had to go from video 7 back to 4 but i only box 6 accounts.
<<

deus81

Post Fri Oct 16, 2020 8:46 pm

That was one of the first things i have done. All graphic settings on all windows are on low. PotatoMode as MiRai would say. But thx for the suggestion ;). So you dont have problems with DX11 or DX12? I hope its an ISBoxer problem because else i dont have a clue what to try else. Bevore prepatch everything was fine. Besides here and there every few days a window crashing, report, reload and game on.

Edit: Ok, in DX12 you will not see a difference with only one GraphicsCard. (I assume you only have 1 GPU for 6 accounts)

I noticed also that the display in white letters in the left top corner of the fresh loading windows is NOT showing in the first and only loaded window in DX11
That Is:
FPS:
SYSTEM RAM AVAILABLE:
PROCESS MEMORY USAGE:
TEXTURE MEMORY AVAILABLE:

Maybe this Information helps finding the cause of the error
<<

dubcat

Post Sun Oct 18, 2020 10:04 pm

I'm having the same problems myself.

I'm running two GPUs, and usually force what GPU each WoW Client use inside the game (Video>Advanced)
After 9.0.1, the game crash when I hit Apply after changing GPU when running DX12.
My current backup solution is to run DX11 (Legacy), but I'm getting really bad FPS, sometimes down in 15-30. Instead of the 100+ I'm used to with DX12.
When I launch my team with Inner Space some of the game instances say my Hardware has changed (random each time I launch), and ask if I want to reset my settings.

All these problems go away when I'm not using Inner Space. Hope lax can fix the compatibility issues.
<<

deus81

Post Mon Oct 19, 2020 12:52 am

At last someone else has the same Problem! :D. I was about to format the drive and install WIndows10 completely new with all drivers and only WoW + ISBoxer. But now, as i read your reply, i will wait a bit longer and use DX11_legacy with the crap framerate.

Btw same here with "Hardware has changed". I didnt mention it.

It would be relaxing if Lax or maybe someone else from lavishsoft could make a statement of some words. A "The Problem is known to us. We are working on it" would be completely enough for me to know that it is not on me and i can relax and play in XD11_legecy until this is fixed with a new IS-version. Im not impatient, these things need sometimes time, i only need the information to not have to worry about it ;)

There are probably not many Multiboxers with 2 or 3 GPUs in one PC so the others may not notice what we experience. I know a Multiboxer with 3 PCs (1 GraphicsCard per PC) and he doesnt have these problems.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Mon Oct 19, 2020 8:41 am

Of course we are aware of and working on issues since the WoW 9.0.1 pre-patch.
<<

dubcat

Post Mon Oct 19, 2020 8:56 am

lax wrote:Of course we are aware of and working on issues since the WoW 9.0.1 pre-patch.

Thank you lax !
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Mon Oct 19, 2020 9:38 am

Inner Space build 6714 is now available and should resolve the issues with Direct3D 11 and 12.

This build is currently available as the latest development build of Inner Space. To try it out: right click on Inner Space and select Patcher, click the "Development" tab, then either click "Check for Updates" if it still says 6713, or "Install Now" if it says the current development version is 6714.

Let me know your results. Thank you. :)
<<

deus81

Post Mon Oct 19, 2020 4:11 pm

Tested it and for me sadly nothing changed.

In DX11 first Window is opened and stays maximized on my first GPU (GPU 0 - 3D) until i change in WoW Graphics API to DX11_Legacy or DX12. Then the first Window is put in its proper Region (Homeregion for Slot1: Region 2) and second window opens, stays open maximized on GPU 0 until i again change the Graphics API, then its put in the correct Region (Homeregion for Slot2: Region 3) and so on.
So, playing in DX11 still is not possible.

In DX12 all Windows are rendered by GPU 0 (no matter the Windows Layout) <----- Thats what my Task-Manager tells me and VRAM is full on one of the AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT <----- Thats what GPU-Z tells me + Extreme stuttering and low FPS on the BackgroundWindows, not playable (the VRAM-usage on the other 2 GPUs is at 150 and 200 MB)

In DX11_Legacy (shitty FPS) but everything starts normal as set up in the Windows Layout (Window 1-8 on GPU 0, Window 9-17 on GPU 2 and Window 18-25 on GPU 1) <----- Thats what my Task-Manager tells me

Edit: As mentioned by dubcat i can also play in all Graphics API settings on all 3 GgrphicsCards without 0 Problems when i start from WoW.exe or the Battlenetlauchner.

So Lax dont get stressed out, take your time, dont get burned out. We need you for the many Addons coming in the future ;).
Last edited by deus81 on Mon Oct 19, 2020 5:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Next

Return to World of Warcraft