FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Wow Memory dump when launching Team

Moderator: MiRai

<<

tweakster2010

Post Thu Oct 08, 2020 9:57 pm

Wow Memory dump when launching Team

Hello all,

New to the boards but was skimming some of the knowledge posted here and I did not see an immediately solution that matches my scenario but would note that it can match closely to some posts.

I launch a 3 slot team, but within the past few months I haven't played wow or used ISBoxer for that duration. I came back today and I now am experiencing crash dumps involving launching wow. The big difference from before and now is the hotfixes for Wow, Nvidia came out with a new driver yesterday for the Geforce RTX 2070 series, Windows OS monthly patches.

That being said, I did check the dump file and I am getting Exception Code 0xC000001D, The thread tried to execute an invalid instruction. The game launches fine while launching the game regularly. I can get a single slot to load if I try 4-5 times in a row but most of the time not a single wow instance will launch when attempted from Inner space. I did also check the WTF files and the main offenders on other threads are not a problem.
SET gxApi "D3D11_LEGACY"
SET gxMaximize "1"

the one that should not exist, does not exist but I do not have that in front of me at this time.

I would note that the only thing I can think of that has hosed this is when my Nvidia drivers updated, they automatically included the Game Experience pact and updated my Wow to be "optimized" which would cause not a single wow instance to load until I reverted the driver and reinstalled without the game experience.

Any thoughts would be apprecaited. Thanks.
<<

tweakster2010

Post Sat Oct 10, 2020 8:23 pm

Re: Wow Memory dump when launching Team

so I successfully got cleared of my crash dumps. Required updating OS feature update to 2004 as well as a few .net updates that were available. So no more memory dumps. However the game still fails to launch from InnerSpace but launches fine from Bnet launcher or from the file directory.

What I did notice is WERFault.exe triggers when I run Innerspace to launch any variation of wow.exe, DX11legacy, DX11,DX12 and standard client.

This is the compatibility trace:
https://ybin.me/p/3ef5a93593a7b156#Egsu ... KWXk+oxlM=

I also found when running PROCMON that when I launch successfully or non successfully that the thread for innerspace exists in the same manner as if it had no issue. Though I am no longer receiving MEM dump from Windows side it is as if it still registers a crash and fails to launch. I am able to launch 1 account after trying repeatedly for 30-40 minutes.

I also disabled Game DVR and Game mode for testing, disabled all Nvidia except the driver install by an uninstall and reinstall of the driver only. I have also explicitly allowed innerspace.exe and wow.exe on Windows security tools that are default. ex. Firewall, Exploit Protection, exclusion from Threat protection etc. Anywhere I could find the ability to allow the 2 programs to reach out through the system security wise.

I have also done a full uninstall and reinstall of ISboxer / Innerspace, deleted all my WTF files and re-establish the configs as well as allowing the teams to be completely recreated fresh to adjusting the files. I am at witts end on why this is hindered at this time. I did also experiment going to beta build for innersapce and reverted back to 6700.

Thanks.
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Sat Oct 10, 2020 9:13 pm

It is known that InnerSpace and the Citrix ICA client app protection do not currently get along. Try disabling/removing that.
<<

tweakster2010

Post Sat Oct 10, 2020 10:13 pm

Thanks Bob. That is so wierd but just removing that resolved.
Is there an ETR for that to be resolved? It was working unto my Citrix client was required to be updated to establish connections I need. >.>
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Sun Oct 11, 2020 9:18 am

Hi, this may be resolved with Inner Space dev build 6713. You can install this (when available, as it is not right at this moment I am typing this out), from the Patcher in InnerSpace.

To update to the current Development build of Inner Space, right click Inner Space, select Patcher, click the Development tab, use the Check for Updates button if needed, double check the Current Development Version is Build 6713 or higher, and click Install Now to actually install it.
<<

tweakster2010

Post Tue Oct 20, 2020 9:17 am

Thanks for the help identifying the issue.

I use citrix for work and doing a full remove and reinstall resolved my issue as they added a new flag for the App Protection for Citrix Workspace. I had the early edition that when auto updated apparently activated that flag without interaction. I will likely look at playing around with Dev Innerspace but overall the issue is gone, I have citrix workspace working for me while running Innerspace as well now. :)

Return to World of Warcraft