FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Mapped Key seems Permanently On

Moderator: MiRai

<<

globalfugitive

Post Fri Sep 25, 2020 1:00 am

Mapped Key seems Permanently On

Following on from fixing my login issues by deleteing the .WTF files concerned I have notices that for my SECOND character set, MAPPED KEYS appears to be permanently turned ON when I log in using the ISBoxer > ISBoxer Character Set > Second Character set.

Despite turning OFF Key Maps and Repeater at the login window only the first window accepts my password - the 2-5th window behaves as if MAPPED KEYS is turned ON (it is not) when I type in the password.

I can confirm this in game when I turn MAPPED KEYS off, the buttons still act as if they are on (eg still casts a buff).

Can you please help to shed some light?

Thanks in advance,
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Fri Sep 25, 2020 2:35 am

Re: Mapped Key seems Permanently On

As per previous thread, I suspect you have hotkeys in keymaps that are not toggled by the toggle.

The default keymap structure, only the key maps with the work "Hotkeys" in the name are toggled by the toggle. If you have hotkeys elsewhere, they don't belong.

If you have created your own custom key maps, and per team ones at that, then you will need to update the toggle to handle your custom key maps, and for any duplicates for other teams, you will need to make use of the blacklist options on the character set.
<<

globalfugitive

Post Fri Sep 25, 2020 5:57 am

all I have done is duplicate my Paladin Hotkeys int a set o Mage Hotkeys, nothing else has changed. I have blacklisted one from the other butleft all others unchanged.

If you have a moment, profile is attached.
Attachments
MultiBox 5 Team.xml
(299.16 KiB) Downloaded 199 times
<<

bob

Post Fri Sep 25, 2020 6:43 am

bob wrote:If you have created your own custom key maps
- Which you have
bob wrote:and per team ones at that
- Which you have
bob wrote:then you will need to update the toggle to handle your custom key maps
- Which you have not.
bob wrote:and for any duplicates for other teams, you will need to make use of the blacklist options on the character set.
- Which you have.

One of these things needs to be done.
<<

globalfugitive

Post Fri Sep 25, 2020 5:06 pm

Right, gotchya! thank you for the guidance, much appreciated. I guess I still struggle with some of the logic in ISBoxer but thanks for taking to time to show me.
<<

globalfugitive

Post Sat Sep 26, 2020 2:37 am

Just a quick question, so if i create another group of 5 totally different characters, what should I do at that point?

Where do i adjust the toggles then?
<<

bob

Post Sat Sep 26, 2020 8:52 am

If it is using the same profile, then the same places.

With the way you have chosen to do the hotkeys, you will need to make sure the blacklists are set correctly on each team (you could swap over to whitelists if you want), and you would need to update the toggle, which would be common to all character sets.

Return to World of Warcraft