FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Weird Log In Behavior

Moderator: MiRai

<<

globalfugitive

Post Wed Sep 23, 2020 5:31 am

Weird Log In Behavior

Hi there,

I recently (yesterday) started off another brand new set of 5 toons, then the problems started.

Wow Classic kept asking me for an authentication code (this was a problem on my original 5 toons but mysteriuously disappeared after a week or so).

Then 1 day later it kept saying my password was incorrect. Then it started saying my authentication code was incorrect.

Resync'd authenticator, still not working and cannot log in with my normal login details on ANY of the 5 accounts (4 are bound, 1 is separate) using IXBoxer to intiate a start.

Now it is saying too many attempts, come back later ...

Any ideas? suggestions appreciated.

(cannot test at the moment because I am locked out ...)
<<

globalfugitive

Post Thu Sep 24, 2020 4:35 am

Re: Weird Log In Behavior

OK i deleted all the changes and reset everything so it is working on my original toon set, and recreated the second character set.

I start up by going ISBoxer > ISBoxer Character Sets > Original Set, everything works fine, including MBing the second set.

However if I starte by ISBoxer > ISBoxer Character Sets > Second Set, it refuses to let me login and says my password is incorrect, even though I turn off KeyMaps and Repeater and type in a single window, no matter what I do I cannot log in.

Any ideas?
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Thu Sep 24, 2020 2:38 pm

The login is controlled all by WoW.
The ONLY difference in behaviour is that ISBoxer will use specific config-CHARNAME.wtf files for each character. These are in the standard WTF folder. These files may have an incorrect Portal (region basically) set.

https://isboxer.com/wiki/FAQ#How_do_I_c ... clients.3F

Now you can try changing the region, as above, or if they've never worked, delete the files for the characters in question, and let them recreate on the next game launch.

Also, if in doubt, type your password into the username/email box, just to make sure it actually comes out as you expect!. Or use Notepad and copy/paste.
<<

globalfugitive

Post Thu Sep 24, 2020 10:30 pm

thanks for the reply, much appreicated.

I have checked the .WTF file and region/portal settings - it is all set correctly and matches the original character set (US) that is working.

Just to clarify, the only way I can MB off the second set is:

ISBoxer > ISBoxer Charatcer Sets > Original Set
Instead of loading Original Character Set, select second Set here and log in as second set
THEN ISBoxer > ISBoxer Charatcer Sets > Second Set
Wait for windows to reload
(still not working yet)
Do a manual /reloadUI on all screens
Now everything works as intended

Weird ... but it's the only way i can MB my second set of completely different toons. I'm not advanced enough to use Pro system yet, but this is a bit frustrating.

Quick Update: regarding your second bit of advice, I originaly deleted the whole WTF folder which did NOT work, and took AGES to reset everything (sigh) in particular for me original set.

But this time I specifically deleted the second set of toons TOON.WTF file and it works!

Extra Update: Key Maps off, Repeater on for password seems to lag the 2,3,4 and 5th windows making me have to input one at a time, but hey! it's working so I'm not complaining.

Thanks for your help and suggestions.
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Fri Sep 25, 2020 2:32 am

globalfugitive wrote:I originaly deleted the whole WTF folder which did NOT work, and took AGES to reset everything (sigh) in particular for me original set.

Yeah, I don't tell people to delete the whole folder, because that is really annoying.

globalfugitive wrote:Extra Update: Key Maps off, Repeater on for password seems to lag the 2,3,4 and 5th windows making me have to input one at a time, but hey! it's working so I'm not complaining.
To me, that sounds like you have bound hotkeys on the mapped keys in "ISB42 - Combat Broadcast", which are not disabled with the Key Maps toggle (which by default ONLY toggles the default key maps with the word "hotkeys" in their name), and would result in the "lag" input behaviour.
I may be wrong, as you may instead have some custom mapped keys with those hotkeys instead that are doing a similar thing to the default configs.

Return to World of Warcraft