FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

5th character not causing rest of party to auto assist

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Lazzereth

Post Wed Aug 19, 2020 3:40 pm

5th character not causing rest of party to auto assist

I can't seem to figure out why when I play from my 5th character, my party members 1, 3, and 4 do not auto assist but party member 2 does. When I play any of my other four characters, auto assist works for the whole party. Other macros like autofollow and invite party work for the 5th character. I have also noticed that my assist key does not work for the 5th character either, which makes sense given I can see a virtual map has been created for auto assist to pull from assist. I have cleared my software and started from scratch, and the 5th character still has the issue. When I press my auto assist keys from the 5th character, all characters are receiving the key input to cast the bound spell, but the spell doesn't cast considering they don't get their target. I am confused why my 2nd character is correctly assisting the 5th but the others do not, and why any other character in the party can correctly have everyone auto assist them including the 5th. Any information would be helpful if anyone has an idea of what I can check.
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Wed Aug 19, 2020 7:13 pm

Re: 5th character not causing rest of party to auto assist

Usually it is something with the in game keybinds, which would be grabbing the SHIFT+CTRL+Backspace, which is being sent to the 4 "slave" characters. IN this case, when 5 is the main, then the other 4 should be receiving a SHIFT+CTRL to know it is toon 5, and Backspace for Assist.

There are a few things that can cause this not to work. Most can be discounted because Follow is working.
It really leaves....
You have something bound on the non assisting guys that is grabbing SHIFT+CTRL+Backspace. Usually the ISboxer Addon will tell you of conflicting binds like this when you log into the game world.
<<

Lazzereth

Post Wed Aug 19, 2020 8:28 pm

Thank you, yeah that is apparently what happened. I had shift backspace bound on four of them for some reason. Isboxer did not indicate this on logging in, just the standard message about my wow macros in the characterset being loaded. Thank you again so much!
<<

Ice123

Post Thu Sep 17, 2020 9:36 pm

I have a similar problem that just started last night (or this morning). My follow has always worked for all 5 characters. Now, it works for 4 characters, but when I have my slot 2 character as my main window - pressing alt-F makes the characters follow other characters (slot 1 & 5 foloow 3, and 2 &4 follow 1). I made sure backspace and F11 (with shift, alt, cntl, and shift cntrl combos) are not keymapped by anything, ran the quick setup at least 3 times, disabled all add-ons except ISBoxer, but nothing seems to work. I used the follow me active meathod. Any suggestions or help available on this?
<<

Ice123

Post Thu Sep 17, 2020 10:25 pm

Also, this only happens on my 5-priest team. I just checked my 5 mage teamand all slots follow correctly.
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Fri Sep 18, 2020 1:18 am

Ice123 wrote:I have a similar problem that just started last night (or this morning). My follow has always worked for all 5 characters. Now, it works for 4 characters, but when I have my slot 2 character as my main window - pressing alt-F makes the characters follow other characters (slot 1 & 5 foloow 3, and 2 &4 follow 1). I made sure backspace and F11 (with shift, alt, cntl, and shift cntrl combos) are not keymapped by anything, ran the quick setup at least 3 times, disabled all add-ons except ISBoxer, but nothing seems to work. I used the follow me active meathod. Any suggestions or help available on this?

Your problem sounds more like the partial name matching in WoW. Where if one characters name is the beginning of another character, then it becomes a free for all.
eg..
bob
bobby
bobbysue
bobster

Would be terrible, because "/follow bob", matches all four toons. "/follow bobby" matches 2 toons. In this situation, WoW randomly selects one (no idea whether it is proximity based or just random luck on the games internal entitylist).

The other potential choice is that there is an extra modifier being sent when using Slot2 as the main, which is causing WoW to use the fall through method of searching for a keybind. This would possibly be happening if you have added some other keystroke actions to the Follow Me mapped key.
<<

Ice123

Post Fri Sep 18, 2020 11:44 am

Yes - my slot 2 character is Shadow, slot 1 ShadowBank, slot 3 ShadowBot, 4-ShadowBox, and 5-ShadowBoxer. Strange thing - I gave up in frustration and went out questing last night - just avoided running slot 2 as lead (main window). This morning I logged in and follow works fine again on all 5 characters.

Return to World of Warcraft