FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Interact with target sends my characters running?

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Facedthemusic

Post Mon Sep 07, 2020 3:25 pm

Interact with target sends my characters running?

So, I will this this feature works on my other character sets except one; I'm not sure what the issue is. If I select a target with my main character and then press alt+G, it sends my followers running at the target. My goal is to simply have my characters select that target and remain still. What is causing this issue?
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Mon Sep 07, 2020 3:46 pm

Re: Interact with target sends my characters running?

Interact with Target will make some toons move closer to within range (depends on Class as to the behaviour).
If all you want is them to select the target, that is Assist. Default is ALT+A.
<<

notta

Post Mon Sep 07, 2020 3:55 pm

I followed Mira's mixed class video setup just yesterday. When interacting with the target the melee would run to the target but would run in circles around him and then when the target died he would run off on some random direction. I found another video on youtube that fixes the issue. You need to add 1 move forward keystroke in the new interact with target that Mirai has you create and it resolves the issue completely. I have been running my melee class all day. So much fun now!! Works flawlessly. I now want to create an all melee class.
<<

Facedthemusic

Post Mon Sep 07, 2020 4:18 pm

notta wrote:I followed Mira's mixed class video setup just yesterday. When interacting with the target the melee would run to the target but would run in circles around him and then when the target died he would run off on some random direction. I found another video on youtube that fixes the issue. You need to add 1 move forward keystroke in the new interact with target that Mirai has you create and it resolves the issue completely. I have been running my melee class all day. So much fun now!! Works flawlessly. I now want to create an all melee class.

Can you elaborate on the "add 1 move forward keystroke" please?
<<

notta

Post Mon Sep 07, 2020 4:19 pm

<<

globalfugitive

Post Wed Sep 09, 2020 6:42 am

but does't this actually break it .. so when your characters are out of reach of say a vendor or flight point, it now doesn't move to it?
<<

bob

Post Wed Sep 09, 2020 10:56 am

It needs to be the first action in the first step.
That way it is being used a a "stop previous IWT".

<<

globalfugitive

Post Wed Sep 09, 2020 4:30 pm

this would help SOOOOO much in PVP, I have the 'run around' issue with PVP the most!
<<

globalfugitive

Post Thu Sep 10, 2020 3:50 pm

bob wrote:It needs to be the first action in the first step.
That way it is being used a a "stop previous IWT".

OK, if i do this method then now I have an issue with using my skinner to skin a body ... all she does is take a step forward ...

I have done a workaround by having 2 IWT keymaps ... one with and one without 'W'.
<<

bob

Post Thu Sep 10, 2020 5:20 pm

globalfugitive wrote: if i do this method then now I have an issue with using my skinner to skin a body ... all she does is take a step forward ...

If you do not put the W at the top of the action list (right click it, Move Up or ALT+UPARROW), then the W will interrupt the later movement triggered by the CTM and IWT, and the toon with just take a step forward. If you spam IWT, then yes, they will just take little steps forward.

It is possible you could always put the Variable Keystroke action into step2 as that would then result in a tiny delay between the W and the IWT action (by the nature of your own finger action).

And you are right, there are going to be times when you don't want it, so a toggle, or second IWT will help.
Next

Return to World of Warcraft