FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

[Question] Key Boardcasting and Running in Background

Moderator: MiRai

<<

illutian

Post Mon Sep 07, 2020 9:25 am

[Question] Key Boardcasting and Running in Background

Okay, figured out why it was exporting to _retail_ and not _classic_. Go in game, and found an issue I can't seem to directly resolve; indirectly it's resolved by clearly movement keybinds in game.

How do I clear all the non-IS keybinds (the ones used to turn on/off broadcasting, etc). Right now, when I press 'W', both characters move. Now this is working as intended, but mobs do fear. And not being able to 'follow' is really annoying.

Basically, I want it to only broadcast the key maps I create via Custom Key Mapping; I've already setup several for the various key combinations I use (SHIFT+MB4, etc). Works great.

I tried, in the Wizard, going for 'Bare Bones' and 'No Broadcasting', and unchecked "Broadcast 1 through [...]"; and exported. None of that affected which keys were broadcasted to the second window.

Additionally, sometimes I "drive" with the mouse (holding down LMB+RMB). I've tried to see where the mouse click broadcasting is located so I could clear the RMB and leave the LMB (for ground-target AOE). But no such luck.

---

The second issue I spotted was the IS overlay remains active even if Inner Space is completely closed out (even on the system tray). This wouldn't be so bad, I can tell it to not show the FPS counter. But the ISboxer addon still yells at me everytime I log in (after using IS) that I'm not on the correct character.

So, is there no way to completely close out of the program so ALT+SHIFT+CTRL+G doesn't still work?
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Mon Sep 07, 2020 3:03 pm

Re: [Question] Key Boardcasting and Running in Background

illutian wrote:Right now, when I press 'W', both characters move.

If you turn off broadcasting, then anything not setup as a mapped key with hotkey will just fall through to the active window. If you also turn off key maps, then those configured to turn off will. (some do need to still be active as they have the switches to turn on/off things).

illutian wrote:The second issue I spotted was the IS overlay remains active even if Inner Space is completely closed out

If you do not want to have ISBoxer active in the game, you need to exit the games that were loaded by ISBoxer/InnerSpace. InnerSpace provides a virtualization layer between the game and the OS, so unloading only happens when you exit the game.
<<

illutian

Post Mon Sep 07, 2020 3:50 pm

bob wrote:
illutian wrote:Right now, when I press 'W', both characters move.

If you turn off broadcasting, then anything not setup as a mapped key with hotkey will just fall through to the active window. If you also turn off key maps, then those configured to turn off will. (some do need to still be active as they have the switches to turn on/off things).

illutian wrote:The second issue I spotted was the IS overlay remains active even if Inner Space is completely closed out

If you do not want to have ISBoxer active in the game, you need to exit the games that were loaded by ISBoxer/InnerSpace. InnerSpace provides a virtualization layer between the game and the OS, so unloading only happens when you exit the game.

Are we talking about SHIFT+ALT+R? Because I still need to broadcast mouse movement for the ground targeting. - With Broadcast off, MB4 was still repeated to the second client, but I couldn't move the cursor. I figured there had to be a way to still broadcast the mouse movement while only broadcasting key press that I had specifically mapped.

---

Hrm...wonder if it's because the 'master' client is launched via the BattleNet Launcher, and I have the launcher set to only minimize to the taskbar and not fully exit.
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Tue Sep 08, 2020 8:52 am

TBH I was interpreting a bit because it wasn't clear to me what you are attempting to do.

It sounds like you have a mapped key created for Mouse Button 4, which does only broadcast the button. A sync cursor action would be required in the actions if you want it to sync the cursor position. This wont show you the cursor moving though.

If you want Mouse Broadcasting where you can see the cursor move around on the other screen, you can set a hotkey on ISB42 - Base Always On, Activate Mouse Repeat.

Another option is https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PsAIukHgWgo
<<

illutian

Post Tue Sep 08, 2020 11:30 am

Okay, the sync cursor gets it pretty close to what I need.

Time to start blizzarding all the things.

Thanks for the assist! :D

Return to World of Warcraft