FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Casters following "melee leader"

Moderator: MiRai

<<

paperuser41

Post Tue Aug 25, 2020 7:35 am

Casters following "melee leader"

A little complicated

I followed Mirai mixed class assist video. After doing the default wizard setup again following Mirai. I didn't create ATG - Melee the first time and used the default ATG - combat and the Lock would stop once I used my "Assist me" hotkey but the shaman would follow. So I went back and saw I followed the instructions wrong, and I needed to create a ATG - melee group. I did. Then I tried it, but now after clicking my "Assist me" hotkey both the lock and shaman continue to follow. What am I doing wrong. I will try to include the 2 profiles.

1. Running wow retail with Pally, Ele Shaman, destro lock.
Attachments
Aug25 with new assist target and toon switch.xml
(315.59 KiB) Downloaded 232 times
Aug22 with new assist target and toon switch.xml
(287.68 KiB) Downloaded 218 times
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Tue Aug 25, 2020 8:56 am

Re: Casters following "melee leader"

I'm not sure which video you are watching, but Assist and Follow are two different things. Making a custom Assist does not automatically change how Follow works.

If you want to have a custom follow, then you should apply what you've learnt of the custom Assist, to setting up a custom Follow. One thing, is you wouldn't need a new ATG.
<<

paperuser41

Post Tue Aug 25, 2020 11:23 am

What you say makes sense. The only wierd bit is why the 1st method kind of worked.
<<

paperuser41

Post Tue Aug 25, 2020 11:57 am

Is it possible to add a ATG with casters and have them stop within range here? I'm just trying to figure out why it kind of worked the first time and replicate that for all casters with "Assist me."
Attachments
Caster ATG, to stop..JPG
Caster ATG, to stop..JPG (67.56 KiB) Viewed 3698 times
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Tue Aug 25, 2020 3:36 pm

The use of the Interact With Target may end up "breaking follow", depending on the class of the toon, and whether they are in the Melee ATG.

Sure, you could put in a command to stop the others from following (a broadcast of any of the movement keys should be fine).
It might also work if you just used IWT (H in your screenie) , as any ranged based toons will generally stop moving when In range.
<<

paperuser41

Post Tue Aug 25, 2020 4:41 pm

Bob,

Thank you for the replies. I am sorry for being so slow. So after "Assist Me" then do IWT? or just do IWT?

- The reason I am asking is I have been using IWT (mostly successfully) for quest turn-in's etc. When I do this with quest turn in all the toons walk to the quest giver and interact with them. Won't the same thing happen in combat?
<<

paperuser41

Post Tue Aug 25, 2020 5:06 pm

Ok!

I think I found out what was happening. I just need to get back to the first setup. It was "partially working" because of this...

from the ISBoxer wiki.
Attachments
IWT and assist.JPG
IWT and assist.JPG (97.36 KiB) Viewed 3678 times

Return to World of Warcraft