WoW Classic Mouse Broadcast

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Dyaxler

Post Sat Aug 15, 2020 9:46 am

WoW Classic Mouse Broadcast

What works in game:

Mouse Scrolling works across all toons in all areas of the UI
When enabled; click to move works across all toons along with all of it's quirks
All mouse "click" functions work across all toons

What doesn't work in game:

In WoW Classic there is no MouseLook Keybind option. You can however use `/script MouselookStart()` and `/script MouselookStop()` to manually turn it on or create macros. That said you can hold either the left or right mouse buttons to pan the camera (common knowledge) which is pretty much the same behavior but without having to hold down either the left or right mouse buttons. With mouse broadcasting on, I would expect to also have the ability to pan the camera in all my toons but it only works from Window:Current. I tried creating the before mentioned macros and mapped them to a toggle... this works but when it's toggled on (visual indication is that the mouse cursor is gone) I can move my mouse around and pan the camera but again ONLY from Window:Current; it did send the toggle to the other slots though because I can see that the mouse pointer is gone and when I use a hot key to flip to another slot, moving the mouse pans the cameras. *scratches head*

My guess is that something is going on with the X and Y inputs of the mouse not being sent to the other slots. But, here is the kicker... if I log out to the character selection screen, I can use the mouse to spin the characters around on all slots!

I'm using a Swiftpoint Z mouse. I also have a Logitech G700 I tried. Same behavior.
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Sat Aug 15, 2020 6:04 pm

Re: WoW Classic Mouse Broadcast

You may need to tick this option.
<<

Dyaxler

Post Sat Aug 15, 2020 7:47 pm

Re: WoW Classic Mouse Broadcast

Thanks Bob! I can confirm that this does allow me to pan the camera in all slots when Active Repeat is enabled by checking the option you suggested. I almost tried it but "the game may otherwise ignore buttons" made it sound like a bad idea. What does this button do exactly? Will it break other features? I'm just looking for a Pro's and Con's list I guess. Trying to decide if having this is really worth it. I can always use movement keys to pan cameras but being able to twist things around on all axis is kind of nice.

Return to World of Warcraft