FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

In-Game Macro using slot order

Moderator: MiRai

<<

ZenSix

Post Fri Aug 14, 2020 1:29 pm

In-Game Macro using slot order

Hello Everyone,

Best setup I've done so far for my healing is using in-game macros with /target Playername spellname to heal. I found this to be more reliable than using click bars; while hovering over click bar, if I am still pressing my DPS key, it will change target back to the leader's target. Plus, using in-game macro and Video FX, I can see the cooldown of each spell I am casting at that time - which is a tremendous help to see if the healer is stunned or in the middle of a cast.

So now to my question: Is it possible to use in-game macros on my healer with {SLOT#} targeting. I recently switched up my character team and I do not want to make a new set of macros with /target charactername spellname. For example; If I can use /target [@{SLOT1} Vivify or something similar, it would help me out tremendously with using different characters and not having to set up new in-game macros using each character name to creating targeted healing spells for them.

Thank you,
<<

Dyaxler

Post Sat Aug 15, 2020 8:21 pm

Re: In-Game Macro using slot order

{SLOT} is an IsBoxer variable that only works within the IsBoxer space and not in the WoW client. You could however store the macro in IsBoxer and send it to your game clients as a "resolved" macro. It sounds like you want the ability to create a set of class specific macros that can be used on any toon so again, you'd want to store all your macros in IsBoxer. There are a ton of videos where MiRai talks about how to do this but this is what I've done...

This is a fairly typical mouseover macro I use for just about any healer (change the spell name of course), you can store it in IsBoxer or in game... doesn't really matter because it's just a generic macro without any specific named character. However, the benefit of storing it in IsBoxer is that you'll have access to it on any toon you insert into your Character Sets.

#showtooltip
/stopcasting
/cast [@mouseover, help, nodead] Flash Heal

If you want to target a "hard coded" player you want to heal first before casting the macro then you'd use something like this... the only draw back is that you'd have to change your macro if the name of the tank or the player you want to focus on changes.

#showtootip
/stopcasting
/target %PLAYERNAME%
/cast [@player, help, nodead] Flash Heal

The IsBoxer version would be something like this... the beauty of this is you won't have to rewrite your macro. It just uses the {SLOT} variable to populate the name of the character you want the macro to fire on.

#showtootip
/stopcasting
/target {SLOT1}
/cast [@player, help, nodead] Flash Heal

Return to World of Warcraft