FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

gxWindowedResolution Configured bug

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Nithilus44

Post Thu Aug 13, 2020 5:49 pm

gxWindowedResolution Configured bug

getting a bug with 6700 and windows update 2004. Not sure if windows update is to blame or inner space 6700?

i get what i am calling a bug, gxWindowedResolution Configured. If i launch the game through blizzard app my resolution is set to Fullscreen(windowed) 3840x2160, but when i launch my character set 2 of 5 accounts get launched in Windowed at 1920x1080. Which then causes crashes. I am unable to do anything in game with ISboxer at the moment due to this. I have tried clearing ISboxer, deleting my WTF files, creating new character sets, reverting to 6699 and 6651 to no luck.

I can help (i think) narrow my issue, i just don't know how to fix it or what is causing it. I am running 5 accounts:

Battle.net 1 has 3 of the accounts
Battle.net 2
Battle.net 3

the problem persists in 2 of my 3 merged accounts under 1 battle.net

this issue has only started for me since updating to windows 2004 and Inner Space 6700
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Thu Aug 13, 2020 7:01 pm

Re: gxWindowedResolution Configured bug

You may need to edit the WTF file directly to set the appropriate values.

A known issue occurs when using WIndowed mode. You need the games to be in Windowed Fullscreen mode. You also need the game to not specify a Windowed resolution. There are settings in the CONFIG-CHARNAME.WTF files that need to be checked.
Code:
SET gxMaximize "1"

The other is SET gxWindowResolution this one needs to be REMOVED from the files. If you have the Latest Update to the ISBoxer toolkit, it will ask you if it can FIX this one when you export your profile. The correct answer is YES. The gxMaximize you may need to check yourself if it is not already there, or not set to 1.

i.e. using Notepad or some other text editor, edit the config-CHARNAME.wtf files in your World of Warcraft\_classic_\wtf folder, and verify the mentioned settings. As this folder may be protected, you will either need to run Notepad as admin, use another editor which self elevates (Notepad++) allows admin access, or copy these files to another folder, edit, change, save, and copy back.

Another Option: if you have some working characters and some non working characters, in the WTF folder, you could copy the working characters config-CHARNAME.wtf file and replace the non working characters file. i.e. copy/rename.

Return to World of Warcraft