FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Graphics Slot Swap Breaking Follow

Moderator: MiRai

<<

jyger

Post Mon Aug 03, 2020 11:16 pm

Graphics Slot Swap Breaking Follow

Hi,

I've made a few inquiries about this on Discord, but it seems so far I haven't been able to figure out what is causing this, so I figured I would make a more detailed post on these forums.

First things first here is my configuration as well as a video showing the issue, as it is a lot easier to view it than read it:
https://pastebin.com/gJ1JuVFr
https://youtu.be/9hXo-El70no

As you can see from the video the issue is as follows:
I will switch to another character slot and upon hitting my follow key map (ALT + F) the character I just switched from (e.g. I was using slot 4 now I switched to slot 3) will not follow the newly switched to character slot.
Instead it will get some form of targeting error, the one in the video shows "You have no target".

What I have found however is that when this happens, if I press another hotkey for any other key map, for example to mount or to enter Moonkin Form then press my follow hotkey again after this, the issue will be resolved and the character will follow me again. Obviously this is not ideal.

So far I have found that if I remove the graphics slot swap key map from the "When I switch to this character do this mapped key", that the issue no longer occurs. I have tried multiple different key combinations for the actual graphics macros as well, but nothing has worked for me thus far.

Thanks a bunch in advance for any help provided :)
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Tue Aug 04, 2020 11:03 am

Re: Graphics Slot Swap Breaking Follow

You've already indicated you started on the process of elimination. I'd continue on this path.

i.e. as it is the slot you leave that has the issue, and they would be getting the Background settings. Remove the background action. Does it stop the issue. If so, then there is something in the switch from the foreground to the background settings.

If the issue is still there, then the other thing it is receiving is the JambaMaster mapped key. Are you actually using Jamba or EMA, and letting it switch masters? If not then remove this too.
<<

jyger

Post Tue Aug 04, 2020 12:41 pm

I'll try removing specifically the background settings, I didn't think of that.

I'm using EMA, originally I didn't have the master map key there and actually put it there to see if that would fix it (somehow).

Thanks, I'll keep you updated.
<<

jyger

Post Wed Aug 05, 2020 1:22 am

Okay so it seems that it's not necessarily the Foreground Settings or Background Settings macro that is breaking follow, but it's the target. So if one of the Named Macro Actions has a target of "Window: All w/o Current", then it will break the follow of the character slot that I just switched from (as in they won't follow me when I press the follow key map like in the video).

I'm honestly not really sure what to do here, it just kind of seems like I can't do the graphics settings on slot swap. I'd be interested to see if anyone else is using this graphics slot swap macro, because from what I've seen on MiRai's video no one else has run into this issue, which makes me feel like I'm still definitely doing something wrong. I'm just not sure what I can do about the target breaking the follow.
<<

Wizeowel

Post Wed Aug 05, 2020 3:41 am

What key are you using to switch slots? If ctrl-alt-# then I also have trouble with this sometimes.

Occasionally the ctrl or alt key on the slot I just swapped from stays 'down'. So natually follow won't work because it uses the {FTL} replacement which is dependent on modifiers.

A workaround is to quickly move my mouse over the small window of that slot which seems to reset keys-down. Can you try that to see if we have a similar issue? I.e. first confirm that follow doesn't work, then move your mouse to the slot that isn't working, then test follow again.
<<

jyger

Post Wed Aug 05, 2020 6:13 am

I am using the standard CTRL + ALT + # to switch slots.

I just tried hovering my mouse over the other client unfortunately it didn't do anything.

Return to World of Warcraft