FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Mouse scrolling, broadcast issues (need some help)

Moderator: MiRai

<<

montero

Post Fri Jul 24, 2020 3:41 pm

Mouse scrolling, broadcast issues (need some help)

My config: https://www.pastebin.com/fqUwL5wD
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980
dxdiag_output attached

Code:
------------------
System Information
------------------
      Time of this report: 7/24/2020, 16:25:40
         Operating System: Windows 10 Home 64-bit (10.0, Build 19041) (19041.vb_release.191206-1406)
                 Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
      System Manufacturer: Micro-Star International Co., Ltd.
             System Model: MS-7B17
                     BIOS: A.70 (type: UEFI)
                Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-9700K CPU @ 3.60GHz (8 CPUs), ~3.6GHz
                   Memory: 65536MB RAM
      Available OS Memory: 65470MB RAM
                Page File: 8794MB used, 66404MB available
              Windows Dir: C:\Windows
          DirectX Version: DirectX 12
      DX Setup Parameters: Not found
         User DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
       System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
          DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
                 Miracast: Available, with HDCP
Microsoft Graphics Hybrid: Not Supported
DirectX Database Version: 1.0.8
           DxDiag Version: 10.00.19041.0084 64bit Unicode

Mouse: Razer Naga

Issue: Brand new OS install, on brand new hardware. I had WoW installed on an SSD and originally used that install for my isboxer config, and everything was working fine for about an hour, then it started having issues with mouse scrolling mostly not working, then working intermitently for a few seconds and then not with in-game objects like keybinds and even at the character select. Works fine in the OS, and any other app. I removed all addons, tested still had the issue.

I decided to test another normal mouse, and it was having the same issue with scrolling.

I removed isboxer and inner space, cleaned the registry and did a fresh install of wow on my nvme drive instead of the SSD I was using, and post cleanup and re-install of all apps, and wow and it started working again for about an hour then it returned and started to devolve more, binds were not working, broadcast wasn't working right between character instances and other odd issues.

I was watching my perf mon the entire time and my i7 9700 was doing fine and memory no issues.

At this point I don't know what to do, I am new to isboxer, and loving it, but I can't use it now and feel like something is bugged or, as a new user the problem exists between the chair and keyboard :)

I did search on all boards for "+mouse +scroll" and found the following but none were an obvious fix, one seems possible but I can't find the options to validate that it talks about (commented below)

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=9530&p=45477&hilit=+mouse+scroll#p45477

viewtopic.php?f=16&t=9502&p=45371&hilit=+mouse+scroll#p45371
It has been mentioned that this might also occur if you have a partially patched InnerSpace. You can try running the live installer using this command line (in the Windows Run box, press
WIN+R, is fine).
"%programdata%\Lavish Software\utils\lavishbuild" install innerspace live "1.16 build 6336"

I would think that installing and removing and cleaning the registry and installing again would get the job done, but its possible - anyone know how to run this command for the current version?

viewtopic.php?f=38&t=7502&p=35646&hilit=+mouse+scroll#p35646
This post may help, but I can't find what it is referencing: "Make game believe it is foreground window" option is off in your Character Set"

Thank you to anyone willing to help.
Attachments
dxdiag_output.txt
Direct X Diag Output File Should it be Helpful
(182.94 KiB) Downloaded 270 times
<<

Draiger

Post Sat Jul 25, 2020 6:40 am

Re: Mouse scrolling, broadcast issues (need some help)

I have been checking on these forums since last Tuesday to see if anyone else is having this issue. Actually glad I'm not the only one. I had the same mouse scroll wheel problem where it would work fine in all other apps and also fine when I launch a single Wow client without Innerspace/ISBoxer. I got it working again while boxing by updating Innerspace with dev patch. You will see patch notes say "Fixed mouse issue" or similar. However, my boxing environment is now unstable. Sometimes when I open my map on my driver account, weird shit happens like game freeze and reload on that account, mouse cursor disappears sometimes, other strange behavior. Anyway, you CAN get the mouse scroll to work again by opening Innerspace patcher, click on Development tab, Click box at bottom "Notify about development (test) patches", and clicking Install now, but you might have to deal with other unstable game behavior.
<<

BotFighter

Post Sat Jul 25, 2020 9:21 am

Same problem.
My 5 team windows can't scroll, but sixth AH window (broadcasting and key maps disabled) can scroll.
<<

Xalan

Post Sat Jul 25, 2020 1:22 pm

All scrolling in all wow windows is not working when running with ISBoxer now. All addon windows in wow do not scroll and the camera does not zoom in/out either when using mouse scrolling in wow under Innerspace. If I load wow via the bnet launcher, not using Innerspace at all, then scrolling works fine. But Innerspace is broken now for all mouse scrolling anywhere on the wow windows running under Innerspace. After making a lot of changes by trying different things I isolated it to be an Innerspace problem. I will try patching Innerspace to the Dev version and see if that helps as someone else suggested.
<<

Xalan

Post Sat Jul 25, 2020 1:31 pm

Patching Innerspace to the Dev Version 1.16 Build 6698 does indeed fix the mouse scrolling problem in wow retail :)
<<

montero

Post Sat Jul 25, 2020 8:31 pm

Draiger wrote:I have been checking on these forums since last Tuesday to see if anyone else is having this issue. Actually glad I'm not the only one. I had the same mouse scroll wheel problem where it would work fine in all other apps and also fine when I launch a single Wow client without Innerspace/ISBoxer. I got it working again while boxing by updating Innerspace with dev patch. You will see patch notes say "Fixed mouse issue" or similar. However, my boxing environment is now unstable. Sometimes when I open my map on my driver account, weird shit happens like game freeze and reload on that account, mouse cursor disappears sometimes, other strange behavior. Anyway, you CAN get the mouse scroll to work again by opening Innerspace patcher, click on Development tab, Click box at bottom "Notify about development (test) patches", and clicking Install now, but you might have to deal with other unstable game behavior.

I am so glad it isn't me. And that you were kind enough to post this. Thank you. Hopefully we will see this fixed and stable soon :)
<<

Draiger

Post Sun Jul 26, 2020 5:23 am

montero wrote:
Draiger wrote:I have been checking on these forums since last Tuesday to see if anyone else is having this issue. Actually glad I'm not the only one. I had the same mouse scroll wheel problem where it would work fine in all other apps and also fine when I launch a single Wow client without Innerspace/ISBoxer. I got it working again while boxing by updating Innerspace with dev patch. You will see patch notes say "Fixed mouse issue" or similar. However, my boxing environment is now unstable. Sometimes when I open my map on my driver account, weird shit happens like game freeze and reload on that account, mouse cursor disappears sometimes, other strange behavior. Anyway, you CAN get the mouse scroll to work again by opening Innerspace patcher, click on Development tab, Click box at bottom "Notify about development (test) patches", and clicking Install now, but you might have to deal with other unstable game behavior.

I am so glad it isn't me. And that you were kind enough to post this. Thank you. Hopefully we will see this fixed and stable soon :)

I am happy to help. I didn't go through all the details of what I did to troubleshoot but my steps pretty much align with yours. I reinstalled everything, tried a different mouse (I actually have a Naga as well :D), all that. I just happened to read a post about the dev patch regarding a totally unrelated graphics issue, and that led me to the patch notes that said it fixed a mouse issue just a few days ago. Unfortunately, I have had to revert back to the live patch because ISBoxer is totally unstable for me using the dev patch. Every time I open my map, it exits and reloads that client, and does not place it in the proper place on the screen. Oh well. I ended up using the mouse wheel on live to bind a step-based dps spam bind that allows me to just spin the wheel to perform my rotation. It really upped my place on the damage meters since I am not a key spammer by nature and now I don't have any human induced delay between casts. So the wheel wouldn't actually work as designed to scroll item lists or zoom anyway with this particular configuration. I miss being able to zoom my world map though. I can't find a work-around for that functionality anywhere. As a software developer and code tester by profession, I may try to start learning to build my own addon that will do the things I want. Or maybe weak auras. Not sure. Anyway, I too hope this is fixed at some point but it ended up being a net positive for me since it led me to the spam bind, which I am loving.
<<

deus81

Post Mon Jul 27, 2020 3:27 pm

Exactly the same Problem here since the 8.3.7 Patch and i thought it is a BlizzardBug because of the known MouseCursorBug. Then tested without ISBoxer Launcher and the Mousewheel is working fine. Thanks for your thoroughly testing so i dont have to do it. :D Good to know that Lax is aware of it now and it will be fixed with the next update ;)

Return to World of Warcraft