FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Weird Chat Effect - Can't Login :S

Moderator: MiRai

<<

PickleBrain

Post Sun Jun 14, 2020 1:14 pm

Weird Chat Effect - Can't Login :S

As you can see below, even with mapping and repeating off, apostrophes are added in, seemingly mimicking french, though I've been unable to find a setting that would do this, especially automatically. This happened in-game before I logged, too, but I didn't think much of it, but now it's happening in the login screen, as well. I'm unable to login because of it, it doesn't happen anywhere else, and it only happens when launching with Inner Space/ISBoxer. I tried Googling for a solution but found nothing and have no idea where to start with this.

In Main Window:

In Secondary Window, despite mapping/repeating turned off:

Profile: https://pastebin.com/4KfxN7Ec
<<

PickleBrain

Post Sun Jun 14, 2020 2:01 pm

Re: Weird Chat Effect - Can't Login :S

Finally managed to find it on my own. I still don't understand why exactly it was happening - I don't really understand how all of this works, yet - but I found that the assist+(letter) and assist+shift+(letter) keys were causing the issue. I had to temporarily disable all of them, but I was able to get around it and log in. If anyone has a solution for something more permanent that wouldn't require me to rebind (I've been using these keys for 10+ years) or have to disable the keys every time I want to type in chat, I'd really appreciate it! Thanks!
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Fri Jun 19, 2020 2:20 pm

PickleBrain wrote:If anyone has a solution for something more permanent that wouldn't require me to rebind (I've been using these keys for 10+ years) or have to disable the keys every time I want to type in chat, I'd really appreciate it! Thanks!

As is briefly outlined in the Quick Start Guide on the Wiki, as well as the Quick Setup Wizard video on that page, disabling Key Maps to type is standard operating procedure since ISBoxer is not allowed to know the state of the game.
<<

PickleBrain

Post Fri Jun 19, 2020 9:09 pm

MiRai wrote:
PickleBrain wrote:If anyone has a solution for something more permanent that wouldn't require me to rebind (I've been using these keys for 10+ years) or have to disable the keys every time I want to type in chat, I'd really appreciate it! Thanks!

As is briefly outlined in the Quick Start Guide on the Wiki, as well as the Quick Setup Wizard video on that page, disabling Key Maps to type is standard operating procedure since ISBoxer is not allowed to know the state of the game.

Disabling the key maps wasn't working as intended, though. Even with that disabled, I still have the issue. I have to manually go into ISBoxer and disable all keys, then export to Inner Space in order to avoid the problem. It works, but it's a massive work around.
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Fri Jun 19, 2020 10:26 pm

If you have to do that, then chances are you have mapped keys with hotkeys, that are NOT being disabled by the toggle.
This happens when you
  1. set hotkeys on the mapped keys in the following Key Maps ISB42 - Always On, ISB42 - Party, ISB42 - Toggles, ISB42 - WoW, ISB42 - Combat Broadcast. Note that these default setup key maps do NOT have the word HOTKEYS in the name. These are NOT disabled by the toggle.
  2. you have created your own custom Key Maps, put some mapped keys in them, and have NOT put your custom key maps into the Toggle. If this is the case, here are some instructions to add those to the toggle. https://isboxer.com/wiki/Activate_Maps

If you try to add the default Key Maps to the toggle, rather than fix up any incorrectly set Hotkeys, then be aware that you need to exclude the ISB42 - Always On and ISB42 - Toggles, as these two are used for the enable/disable.
<<

PickleBrain

Post Sat Jun 20, 2020 2:08 am

bob wrote:If you have to do that, then chances are you have mapped keys with hotkeys, that are NOT being disabled by the toggle.
This happens when you
  1. set hotkeys on the mapped keys in the following Key Maps ISB42 - Always On, ISB42 - Party, ISB42 - Toggles, ISB42 - WoW, ISB42 - Combat Broadcast. Note that these default setup key maps do NOT have the word HOTKEYS in the name. These are NOT disabled by the toggle.
  2. you have created your own custom Key Maps, put some mapped keys in them, and have NOT put your custom key maps into the Toggle. If this is the case, here are some instructions to add those to the toggle. https://isboxer.com/wiki/Activate_Maps

If you try to add the default Key Maps to the toggle, rather than fix up any incorrectly set Hotkeys, then be aware that you need to exclude the ISB42 - Always On and ISB42 - Toggles, as these two are used for the enable/disable.

Deleting all of my Combat Broadcast keys and moving them over to Combat Broadcast Hotkeys fixed all of the problems I was having. Thank you so much!

Return to World of Warcraft