FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Polymorph setup: Raid markers and FTL assist Round-Robin

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Zaj

Post Tue Jun 02, 2020 12:49 pm

Polymorph setup: Raid markers and FTL assist Round-Robin

Dear ISBoxer community

First time boxer - trying out a character set of 5 mages in WoW Classic.

I saw MiRai's Healing and CC crashcourse video, and got that working with RR-polymorph.
Altho it works great, I'm in need of something else.

I've been trying to make a setup that would mark targets of the active(current) window with raid markers and have others in the Action Group each select a target as the markers are set up.
I have 5 mages, so I need a total of 6 raid markers macros or more:

Beyond that I have an Action Target Group named "Polymorph", that all my mages are members of.
I've mapped "Num1" as a Round-Robin key with 6 steps; steps 1 through 4 will have "Others in Polymorph" /assist FTL and set up raid marks in order:

Note that steps 5 & 6 will have "Window Current" as Target, since I will be polymorphing Cross manually from the active window:

This all works fine in the first cycle of the mapped key, however the order get's jumbled up through following iterations.
A possible workaround would be to have a 4-step Round-Robin and separate mapped keys for marking Cross and Skull respectively, but it would be more clutter and less efficient I feel.

Is there a possible solution, that would contain all of it within one "function"?

Your efforts are much appreciated, thank you.
<<

Wizeowel

Post Wed Jun 03, 2020 4:19 am

Re: Polymorph setup: Raid markers and FTL assist Round-Robin

I don't know if it is handy for 5, but I have 2 mages in one of my groups and I put the Assist-Me on round-robin for ATG mages, and the sheeping mage does her own marking at the moment of sheeping

Code:
/cast [harm,nodead] Polymorph
/run SetRaidTarget("target",2)

No problem to add the marking part to the assist action instead of the sheeping action.

Or, with ISBoxer advanced macro variables something like should work to make it more universal

Code:
/run SetRaidTarget("target",{SLOT})

Re-sheeping is tricky however, because the one that breaks early is often not synced with your round-robin :)
<<

Zaj

Post Wed Jun 03, 2020 7:12 am

Wizeowel wrote:I don't know if it is handy for 5, but I have 2 mages in one of my groups and I put the Assist-Me on round-robin for ATG mages, and the sheeping mage does her own marking at the moment of sheeping

Code:
/cast [harm,nodead] Polymorph
/run SetRaidTarget("target",2)

No problem to add the marking part to the assist action instead of the sheeping action.

Or, with ISBoxer advanced macro variables something like should work to make it more universal

Code:

Re-sheeping is tricky however, because the one that breaks early is often not synced with your round-robin :)

I'm looking for a solution, where I can polymorph a whole set of targets at the same time (for instance in raids).

I'm just looking for help with the section that deals with targeting and marking. I'll be using a separate bind for when I actually want to polymorph the targets (Which also deals with the sheep that breaks early, if it was not broken by damage). Thanks for your input tho :-).
<<

Wizeowel

Post Wed Jun 03, 2020 10:17 am

I think I understand. You asked 'Is there a possible solution, that would contain all of it within one "function"?'

Instead of several steps, you only need one "assist" mapped key, like you have now but the marking itself is done by the slave and not the active slot.

Code:
action 1. Wow macro 'assist {FTL}' in 'Quick Setup 42' -> round-robin: other Polymorph
action 2. Wow macro 'Slot specific raid marker' in 'Quick Setup 42' -> round-robin: other Polymorph

First macro you have already, second is like this:

Code:

So you just use the mapped key on 4 different targets, and your slaves will mark the one they are targetting. The advantage is that always the same mage will use the same marker. The disadvantage is that you have to do your active slot separately, because you need to ensure s/he is the last one. You can't really ensure this with round-robin. Maybe there is some trick to reset the round-robin order in ISBoxer, but I don't know it.
<<

Zaj

Post Wed Jun 03, 2020 5:26 pm

Wizeowel wrote:I think I understand. You asked 'Is there a possible solution, that would contain all of it within one "function"?'

Instead of several steps, you only need one "assist" mapped key, like you have now but the marking itself is done by the slave and not the active slot.

Code:
action 1. Wow macro 'assist {FTL}' in 'Quick Setup 42' -> round-robin: other Polymorph
action 2. Wow macro 'Slot specific raid marker' in 'Quick Setup 42' -> round-robin: other Polymorph

First macro you have already, second is like this:

Code:

So you just use the mapped key on 4 different targets, and your slaves will mark the one they are targetting. The advantage is that always the same mage will use the same marker. The disadvantage is that you have to do your active slot separately, because you need to ensure s/he is the last one. You can't really ensure this with round-robin. Maybe there is some trick to reset the round-robin order in ISBoxer, but I don't know it.

So I tested it out with what I thought was a work-around (as I mention in the first post), but I just could not make it work. It would do odd behavior still.

After hours of fiddling with it, I figured out that the odd behavior is linked to an issue that doesn't allow you to do 2 commands in one keypress. That would be obvious to anyone familiar with ISBoxer, but I had no clue that there are special "commands" or "ques" that can not be sent along with others in one go".

My solution is a simple 2-step double Round-Robin ordeal inspired by you:

Essentially I need to press my Num1 bind 8 times, here is the order of actions:

Code:
1st press of Num1: One of the mages in another slot takes my target.
2nd press of Num1: That mage marks the target with the icon related to it's own slot number  (with use of the Named WoW Macro that you posted: /run SetRaidTarget("target",{SLOT}))
3rd press of Num1: Second mage in another slot takes my target.
4th press of Num1: Second mage marks target with icon related to it's own slot number.
5th press of Num1: Third mage in another slot takes my target.
6th press of Num1: Third mage marks target with icon related to it's own slot number.
7th press of Num1: Last mage in ATG Polymorph takes my target.
8th Press of Num1: Last mage marks target with icon related to it's own slot number.

I've mapped Num2 to set raid marker Cross on my target in Active Window, and Num3 to set raid marker Skull on my target aswell.

So I manually select Cross from active window and then broadcast straight keypress (without FTL assist) with the hotkey used for Polymorph in-game.

That's the solution I've come up with - I can't make it any better and I won't spend more time on it now. I've been working on this issue since I was on trial period, which I am not any more. It's a little slow, but it works.

Thank you very much for your input!

Return to World of Warcraft