FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Wrong account being launched for 5th slot.

Moderator: MiRai

<<

mythicbox

Post Wed May 27, 2020 7:42 am

Wrong account being launched for 5th slot.

Hello,

I've made multiple teams and have not had this problem before. The reason is most likely because I created and deleted a new character with the same name off of 2 different accounts multiple times, because I couldn't decide which account I wanted him on. Now, ISBoxer keeps launching the wrong account, even though I remade the team multiple times under different names, and made sure to select the right character on the right account when making the team.

What's weird is that the character selection list on the wizard page where you select your team members, still shows the duplicate deleted character. How do I refresh that list?
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Wed May 27, 2020 7:48 am

Re: Wrong account being launched for 5th slot.

ISBoxer doesn't launch accounts. It launches games. If you have ticked the box to "remember" this account, then the configuration file being used for that character will contain details for that account. You can obviously change this by logging in the correct account into that game, and have the "remember" box ticked, and thus the new account will be remembered. You can also delete the wtf file for that character (the config-CHARNAME.wtf file in the WTF folder), and then it will be recreated the next time you launch, and it wont remember anything as the file containing that detail will not exist, so you can enter details afresh. Achieves the same result as you logging in with the correct details.

For the second, ISBoxer is just reading the folders from your computer, so your old deleted character will still have a folder applicable to them under the WTF/Account folder. Delete the correct one there and it will no longer show.
<<

mythicbox

Post Wed May 27, 2020 7:53 am

Thank you for the reply and I will try deleting the file you mentioned.

It still makes no sense that ISBoxer would launch the wrong account for this character. It shows the right account in the sub-account name field, yet launches another one. This seems like a bug.
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Wed May 27, 2020 7:58 am

Again. ISboxer does not launch the account. It launches the game. The "remembered" account details are from the game config files.

The fact that an account detail is present is because the CONFIG-CHARNAME.WTF file has the details of the previous account because it is the same file as previous, using the same character name. Either log in the correct account with the "remember this account" tickbox ticked, or delete the file for that character so it can be recreated, and when you log in with the correct details and the "remember this account" tickbox ticked, it will "remember" the correct account.
<<

mythicbox

Post Wed May 27, 2020 8:04 am

This is definitely a bug, regardless of the technical terminology. I realize it's an edge case, but I think it could be resolved by making a config name unique to the character and account.
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Wed May 27, 2020 9:59 am

mythicbox wrote:This is definitely a bug, regardless of the technical terminology. I realize it's an edge case, but I think it could be resolved by making a config name unique to the character and account.

The account is stored inside of the config.wtf file, which ISBoxer already virtualizes on a per-character basis (unless you've altered that behavior), so maintaining files for both characters and accounts would be redundant and unnecessary.
<<

mythicbox

Post Wed May 27, 2020 5:17 pm

MiRai wrote:The account is stored inside of the config.wtf file, which ISBoxer already virtualizes on a per-character basis (unless you've altered that behavior), so maintaining files for both characters and accounts would be redundant and unnecessary.

Thanks for the reply, and I have not altered any behavior. In the language of relational databases, I am simply suggesting that this problem seems to be stemming from a duplicate key (name) that got overwritten, and could be replaced with a more unique key (name and account). Am not really familiar with how ISBoxer works under the hood to know if that is actually possible. This may also be due to how Blizzard stores files, and out of ISBoxer's hands.
<<

Zaj

Post Tue Jun 02, 2020 1:13 pm

If you copied another character under the "Characters" in ISBoxer, when you were re-making your character, and renamed that to the original character you deleted, then you must make sure to change the Virtual Files to match the name of the original character again:

Return to World of Warcraft