FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Key Maps not working when main character is dead

Moderator: MiRai

<<

mythicbox

Post Mon May 25, 2020 7:44 am

Key Maps not working when main character is dead

Hello,

I am having an issue controlling the rest of my team, when the main character dies. It seems that Key Maps don't work on the rest of the characters, if they don't work on the main character. To be specific, I tried using a healthstone that is bound to the same keymap across all my characters, and I'm assuming it did not work because I pressed it while on the dead character. Is this correct? How do I fix this?
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Mon May 25, 2020 11:03 pm

Re: Key Maps not working when main character is dead

ISBoxer is simply replicating keystrokes, and in the situation you're describing there would be nothing that ISBoxer is doing that would be stopping your characters from receiving the key, especially since ISBoxer doesn't know anything about the game, and so it has no idea your character is dead.

Are you certain that there isn't some other variable interfering? The simplest test would be to just kill the character you're playing from in the open world, press the key assigned, and watch if your other characters use the item.
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Tue May 26, 2020 3:41 am

To add to that, most of the default ISBoxer mapped keys (and hotkeys) use Assist + Broadcast type. I'm going to assume (because I don't rightly know), that you cannot Assist a dead character.
<<

mythicbox

Post Tue May 26, 2020 10:47 am

Thank you for the replies and I will do some more testing. The assist could also be an issue as you pointed out.
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Wed May 27, 2020 9:56 am

mythicbox wrote:Thank you for the replies and I will do some more testing. The assist could also be an issue as you pointed out.

Since you mentioned it was a healthstone, I figured it was safe to assume that assist was not involved. Regardless, I'm pretty sure you can assist a dead character, in WoW, but I don't think you can assist one that is CC'd.

Return to World of Warcraft