FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

5-Boxing Classic, One toon keeps DCing

Moderator: MiRai

<<

MasterChad

Post Sun May 24, 2020 10:07 pm

5-Boxing Classic, One toon keeps DCing

I've been 5-boxing for months. Today I seem to be having some kind of connection issue.

It's strange because not all my toons have the issues. IS Boxer launches my 5 windows and one or two of the characters will freeze when zoning, have bad lag, DC randomly.

I close the windows, relaunch, and then it'll happen again but not neccessarily the same toons. It's like suddenly it can't handle running all 5.

- Is it an internet issue? I am able to stream just fine. Download, upload, ping, and jitter all seem normal when I do the Mediacom Speed Test.
- Is it an IS Boxer issue? I haven't made any changes to my setup. It worked fine last night but hasn't worked right all day today.
- Is it a WoW issue? Nothing on the Forums. No one else complaining.

I am not certain how to troubleshoot. I'd appreciate any help you can offer.

Thanks,
Chad
<<

MasterChad

Post Sun May 24, 2020 10:57 pm

Re: 5-Boxing Classic, One toon keeps DCing

I just tried to zone my group into an instance (Shadowfang Keep). 4 of the toons zoned in fine. 1 timed out and cannot zone in. I get an error saying: "Transfer aborted. Instance not found." See attachment.
Attachments
WoWScrnShot_052420_223943.jpg
Screenshot
WoWScrnShot_052420_223943.jpg (169.79 KiB) Viewed 2273 times
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Mon May 25, 2020 11:18 pm

Re: 5-Boxing Classic, One toon keeps DCing

MasterChad wrote:I just tried to zone my group into an instance (Shadowfang Keep). 4 of the toons zoned in fine. 1 timed out and cannot zone in. I get an error saying: "Transfer aborted. Instance not found."

The only guess I have is that the connection between you and Blizzard isn't 100% whenever you receive a message like that or experience the other issues you describe, and perhaps your setup could benefit from adjusting the in-game network settings.

In addition, if you play on a highly populated realm, then you may often experience swings in server responsiveness depending on how many players are in or near your area.

Return to World of Warcraft