FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

5th WoW Retail window won't launch

Moderator: MiRai

<<

pegabee

Post Thu May 14, 2020 2:48 pm

5th WoW Retail window won't launch

Hi.

I'm running ISBoxer on both my main Desktop and trying on my gaming laptop (it's a capable, razer 15 with 2070 so has enough power).

On desktop everything works well. well kinda because after a feww hours oof gaming session the game crashes due to running out of memory (only in retail, classic runs fine)

However on the laptop i am having issues launching 5box team. I already switched to legacy dx11 which at least enables me to launch 4 clients but the 5th one is always just black frozen, can't interact with it. tried different window layouts but it doesn't seem to make a difference. Classic runs without any issues, in fact i tried to use the same window layouts as i use in classic.

Worth to note that if i don't run in legacy dx11 mode, nothing will start at all for retail.

Any idea what i need to change ?
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Sun May 17, 2020 1:43 am

Re: 5th WoW Retail window won't launch

With a laptop, make sure that the High Performance processor is selected. Whether in the global settings or a program specific profile.

If you happened to copy your game setup from one machine to the other, you may need to clear the config-CHARNAME.wtf files too.

Return to World of Warcraft