FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Follow broken on some toons after a long flight

Moderator: MiRai

<<

globalfugitive

Post Sun May 10, 2020 5:51 am

Follow broken on some toons after a long flight

Hi there

I am coming across something unusual and repeatable. After a long flight (eg. Stormwind to Chillwind Point) after dismounting off the flight, some of the toons lose their follow ability. The odd thing is even though, for example, slot 4 no longer follows slot 1, slot 1 still can follow slot 4. All the rest of the toons are fine. This only happens after a long flight such as stormwind to WPL/EPL. I am then unable to reinitiate follow with the broken toon(s).

A reload does not fix the problem, nor does turning map keys and/or repeater on and off, but a relog (out and in) fixes the issue.

Can anyone explain what may be happening here?

thanks in advance,
BK
<<

wrenchman30

Post Mon May 11, 2020 6:10 am

Re: Follow broken on some toons after a long flight

if you look at the map a copy of your toon is left somewhere on the map when that happens the other toons look to follow that toon in that location even tho it is the group and next to all the other toons, logging out and in will fix it sometimes portals and such will also fix it, pretty sure its a crz, phasing issue and it is annoying when it happens
<<

globalfugitive

Post Thu Jun 04, 2020 7:03 pm

wrenchman30 wrote:if you look at the map a copy of your toon is left somewhere on the map when that happens the other toons look to follow that toon in that location even tho it is the group and next to all the other toons, logging out and in will fix it sometimes portals and such will also fix it, pretty sure its a crz, phasing issue and it is annoying when it happens

I don't think phasing is the issue, if I stop off at Southshore or Menethil before i continue to Chillwind, the issue doesn't happen.
<<

Wizeowel

Post Fri Jun 05, 2020 9:06 am

I get that too occasionally, from IF to Chillwind Point especially. Sometimes I can mount then dismount and it will be fixed. Sometimes it really needs a log out.
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Tue Jun 09, 2020 6:36 pm

From what I'm told, this is caused by multiple party members moving across zone/phase lines at the same time, when entering a zone. I do believe this is why EMA puts a small delay between the master taking the flight, and the followers waiting for a brief moment, so that there's only one character who, first, crosses into the zone.

Return to World of Warcraft