FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Follow issue with more than 5 characters

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Hammis

Post Sun May 03, 2020 9:55 pm

Follow issue with more than 5 characters

Hi.

I run 8 clients atm, and I have an issue where I can't get em all to follow the same character when they're split into two different parties (due to 2x4 farming being a thing).
It works completely fine when all 8 are in the same raid grp, but that's not what I want. I basicly want a way to make all characters follow the same character when they are not in the same grp.
When I try to make em follow they just follow a random one. I could just make an in-game macro, but that won't really work if I want to change what character that's in the main window.

Cheers.
<<

Wizeowel

Post Mon May 04, 2020 5:01 am

Re: Follow issue with more than 5 characters

Presuming you are using the Game helper / WoW macro version of follow then it shouldn't matter if the toons are in a party or raid.

So check first in virtual keys in Character Set that you are using "Follow Me (Wow macro)" and not "Follow Me (Target slot)"

The follow me macro does
/follow {FTL}
which translates to something like this
/follow [nomod:shift,nomod:ctrl] Toon1; [mod:shift,nomod:ctrl] Toon2; [nomod:shift,mod:ctrl] Toon3; etc

If you are driving from Toon2, then that /follow is broadcast to Toon1 & Toon3 with shift pressed so that they will explicitly follow the toon named for shift down and ctrl up. If you are driving from Toon3, then it will press that macro with shift up and ctrl down. And so on...

Then check the slots definition in ISBoxer Character Sets. Each slot should have a unique combination of shift/ctrl/alt for Slot ID FTL modifiers.

Return to World of Warcraft